Deer Biology: A Deer's Digestive System
- A passage of connection. // Wellness Options;2006, Issue 25, p16
Discusses the function of the digestive organs. Description of peristalsis; Function of the basic electrical rhythm; Factors that slowed stomach emptying.
- stomach. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p714
An encyclopedia entry for "stomach" is presented. It refers to a part of the human digestive system characterized by a hollow-baglike organ located in the left side of the abdomen under the diaphragm. Its main function is to breakdown the food that enters through the mouth or to serve as food...
- H2T: YOUR STOMACH: THE FOOD FACTORY. Braun, Wendy // Jack & Jill;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p30
The article describes how the stomach breaks down food and helps in digestion.
- Why Do Our Stomachs Growl? Savarese, Joanna // Parenting;Oct2001, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p185
Explains why the stomach growls. Movement of the muscles in the stomach; How an empty stomach produces a growling sound.
- The long and winding road. // Men's Health;Dec2008, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p122
The article presents the process digesting of foods from the mouth to the anus. It cites that the teeth grind up any food for seconds, before it is hit with a burst of saliva inside the mouth. The esophagus is a muscular tube that squeezes food into the stomach. The lower esophageal sphincter is...
- In brief... // Gastrointestinal Nursing;May2014, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
This section offers news briefs in Great Britain's gastrointestinal nursing profession. Worcestershire, Herefordshire, and Gloucestershire upper gastrointestinal cancer care teams are nominated for the 6th Annual British Medical Journal Awards. A study by the University of Gothenburg, Sweden...
- BLOATED much? Moran, Lisa Singer // Redbook;Mar2011, Vol. 216 Issue 3, p85
The article presents information on the causes and suggestions for the belly bloating. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea or heartburn is experienced by about 20 percent of people in the U.S. on a regular...
- Negative Respiratory Waves in Stomach. Geisel, A.; Arai, T.; Doi, A.; Jefferson, N. C.; Necheles, H. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1967, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p204
Presents a study which observed negative respiratory waves in the stomach and esophagus of dogs. Methods used; Duration of respiratory reversal in stomach; Record of pressures in esophagus.
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. Rosenblum, Louis A.; Robinson, H. M.; Deutsch, Irvin; Brenner, A. J.; van Dyne, J. R.; Brown, J. Edward; Stanton, Arnold; Weiler, Reginald B.; Morganstein, Louis K. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun1955, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p587
Presents several abstracts on gastroenterology. "Hemorrhage From the Upper Gastrointestinal Tract," by H. M. Pollard; "Left Paraduodenal Hernia," by H. O. L. Murray; "Cardiospasm," by John E. Summers.