- A HUNDRED-WORD WAY. QUADER, WALT // Word Ways: The Journal of Recreational Linguistics;Feb2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p33
The author presents an exercise in which he is required to write a 100-word paragraph without using the same word twice. Thus, he relates that he is constrained from using figures of speech such as anadiplosis, the repetition of the last word of a preceding clause in the first part of the next...
- Punctuation Categories: List- List in Paragraph Form. // Punctuation Thesaurus;1991, p245
The article presents information on the use of punctuation in case of a list in paragraph form. When a list appears in paragraph form, it must not be confused with a series. To discern the difference, ask if the elements being used can be listed vertically as well, if they cannot, they are...
- Caedmon's conjunction: Caedmon's Hymn 7a revisited. Blockley, Mary // Speculum;Jan98, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p1
Presents information as it relates to clauses, with emphasis on Caedmon's conjunction. Reference to the clause which follows the finite verb; Paraphrases and the requirements of subordination; Clause-initial position and the context of adverbs and conjunctions.
- Parallelism in Writing. Jaderstrom, Susan; Miller, Joanne // OfficePro;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p24
A quiz about the use of coordinating conjunctions and correlative conjunctions is presented.
- Conjunctions. // Scholastic Action;2/7/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p7
Provides information on using conjunctions.
- WORDS IN ACTION. // Communication Briefings;Apr2012, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p5
The article presents the correct usage of the conjunctions if and whether wherein the latter is used in writing about alternatives and if in a conditional sense.
- When you can omit 'that'. // Communication Briefings;Jul2012, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p6
The article focuses on proper use of subordinating conjunction "that," adapted from the article "Omitting 'That,'" by Neal Whitman.
- School Style. // Scholastic Action;10/23/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p6
A quiz on the use of conjunctions in writing differing statements is presented.
- Corrigendum. // Annual Review of Biomedical Sciences;2008, Vol. 10, p1
A correction to the article "In: Bekoff. Annu Rev Biomed Sci," that was published in the October 2008 issue is presented.