Comparison of dechlorination rates and water quality impacts for sodium bisulfite, sodium thiosulfate and ascorbic acid
- Detection and identification of degradation products of sulfamethoxazole by means of LC/MS and —MSn after ozone treatment. Abellán, M. N.; Gebhardt, W.; Schröder, H. Fr. // Water Science & Technology;2008, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p1803
The ozonation of the antibiotic sulfamethoxazole has been studied, in order to elucidate the structures of some of the degradation products generated throughout the process. Under the conditions applied, a complete destruction of sulfamethoxazole was achieved after 10 minutes of reaction. The...
- 'Soft as a …'--oops, that could change. Williams, Tom // Water Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p8
The author discusses the meaning of the term water treatment. Basically, according to the author, its general technical meaning has been the removal or at least substantial reduction of ions of calcium, magnesium or iron from water to eliminate soap scum and mineral stains, improve cleaning...
- Sensory evaluation of the odors produced during bromophenol formation using a multi-level statistical model. Al-Samarrai, H.; Matud, J.; Wiesenthal, K.; Atiyah, P.; Bruchet, A.; Suffet, I. H. // Water Science & Technology;2004, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p241
In response to reports of medicinal taste and odor problems in suburban Paris, a lab scale study was conducted to investigate the contribution of different water quality parameters -- pH, phenol, bromide, chlorine, temperature and dissolved oxygen levels -- on bromophenol medicinal odor...
- Inactivation of the Bacteriophage MS2 by the Ciliated Protozoan, Tetrahymena thermophila. Pinheiro, Marcel D. O.; Power, Mary E.; Butler, Barb J.; Dayeh, Vivian R.; Slawson, Robin; Lee, Lucy E. J.; Lynn, Denis H.; Bols, Niels C. // Water Quality Research Journal of Canada;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p69
Because the range of biological mechanisms responsible for the inactivation of viruses in man-made and natural water systems is poorly understood, the involvement of the free-living ciliated protozoan, Tetrahymena thermophila, in viral inactivation was investigated. The ciliate was found to...
- Let the process run its course. // Inside Tucson Business;3/4/96, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p4
Editorial. Focuses on Pima County's water clean up program in the area of Hughes Missile Systems Co. property and the Tucson International Airport. County Supervisor Ed Moore's opposition to the clean up agreement between the company, the airport, city Tucson and the U.S. Air Force; Decision...
- Questions for Certification Action Line. Harrison, Joseph // Water Technology;Sep2008, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p52
The article presents a list of questions related to water purification whose answers are provided on page 63 and a list of answers whose questions are presented in page 52.
- Questions for Certification Action Line. Harrison, Joseph // Water Technology;Jul2007, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p48
A quiz about water quality management is presented.
- Home water treatments. Peet, Gaynor // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jul98, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p20
Provides information on home water treatments. Water softening; Disinfecting technologies; Activated carbon; KDF; Reverse osmosis.
- Professor POU/POE. Bauman, David M. // Water Technology;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p28
The article provides answers to questions related to water treatment including the water constituents need to be removed in treating water at a dairy farm and the size of the drain line to be used for different softener and filter backwash rates in commercial and industrial water treatment.