Comparison of dechlorination rates and water quality impacts for sodium bisulfite, sodium thiosulfate and ascorbic acid
- 'Soft as a â€¦'--oops, that could change. Williams, Tom // Water Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p8
The author discusses the meaning of the term water treatment. Basically, according to the author, its general technical meaning has been the removal or at least substantial reduction of ions of calcium, magnesium or iron from water to eliminate soap scum and mineral stains, improve cleaning...
- Inactivation of the Bacteriophage MS2 by the Ciliated Protozoan, Tetrahymena thermophila. Pinheiro, Marcel D. O.; Power, Mary E.; Butler, Barb J.; Dayeh, Vivian R.; Slawson, Robin; Lee, Lucy E. J.; Lynn, Denis H.; Bols, Niels C. // Water Quality Research Journal of Canada;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p69
Because the range of biological mechanisms responsible for the inactivation of viruses in man-made and natural water systems is poorly understood, the involvement of the free-living ciliated protozoan, Tetrahymena thermophila, in viral inactivation was investigated. The ciliate was found to...
- Let the process run its course. // Inside Tucson Business;3/4/96, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p4
Editorial. Focuses on Pima County's water clean up program in the area of Hughes Missile Systems Co. property and the Tucson International Airport. County Supervisor Ed Moore's opposition to the clean up agreement between the company, the airport, city Tucson and the U.S. Air Force; Decision...
- Questions for Certification Action Line. Harrison, Joseph // Water Technology;Sep2008, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p52
The article presents a list of questions related to water purification whose answers are provided on page 63 and a list of answers whose questions are presented in page 52.
- Should I Drink the Water? // Bicycling;Mar2000, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p82
Provides several tips about purifying and drinking water in the outdoors and presents some products that purify water.
- How Safe Is Your Drinking Water? Eller, Daryn // Parenting;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p37
Offers ideas on improving water safety. Responsibilities of the water suppliers; Advice on choosing filtration systems; How to improve water safety.
- Questions for Certification Action Line. Harrison, Joseph // Water Technology;Jul2007, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p48
A quiz about water quality management is presented.
- Professor POU/POE. Bauman, David M. // Water Technology;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p28
The article provides answers to questions related to water treatment including the water constituents need to be removed in treating water at a dairy farm and the size of the drain line to be used for different softener and filter backwash rates in commercial and industrial water treatment.
- Challenges in Environmental Science and Engineering, CESE-2011: 25-30 September, Ever Green Plaza Hotel, Tainan City, Taiwan. Ho Kyong Shon; Long Duc Nghiem; Suhan Kim; Li Shu; Jegatheesan, Jega V. // Desalination & Water Treatment;Sep2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1-3, p1
An introduction to this special issue of "Desalination and Water Treatment" is presented.