Comparison of dechlorination rates and water quality impacts for sodium bisulfite, sodium thiosulfate and ascorbic acid
- 'Soft as a â€¦'--oops, that could change. Williams, Tom // Water Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p8
The author discusses the meaning of the term water treatment. Basically, according to the author, its general technical meaning has been the removal or at least substantial reduction of ions of calcium, magnesium or iron from water to eliminate soap scum and mineral stains, improve cleaning...
- Inactivation of the Bacteriophage MS2 by the Ciliated Protozoan, Tetrahymena thermophila. Pinheiro, Marcel D. O.; Power, Mary E.; Butler, Barb J.; Dayeh, Vivian R.; Slawson, Robin; Lee, Lucy E. J.; Lynn, Denis H.; Bols, Niels C. // Water Quality Research Journal of Canada;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p69
Because the range of biological mechanisms responsible for the inactivation of viruses in man-made and natural water systems is poorly understood, the involvement of the free-living ciliated protozoan, Tetrahymena thermophila, in viral inactivation was investigated. The ciliate was found to...
- Now in the spotlight: POU/POE treatment. Williams, Tom // Water Technology;May2008, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Dave Bauman on the issue of pharmaceuticals in drinking water which could offer tremendous opportunity for water treatment industry.
- Questions for Certification Action Line. Harrison, Joseph // Water Technology;Jul2007, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p48
A quiz about water quality management is presented.
- IN BRIEF. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Mar2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p2
This section offers news briefs related to water and effluent treatment industry in Great Britain, including the launch of a project to protect Ireland and Scotland's waterways at Queen's University Belfast, the approval received by Polypipe Water Management Solutions (WMS) from Severn Trent...
- Challenges in Environmental Science and Engineering, CESE-2011: 25-30 September, Ever Green Plaza Hotel, Tainan City, Taiwan. Ho Kyong Shon; Long Duc Nghiem; Suhan Kim; Li Shu; Jegatheesan, Jega V. // Desalination & Water Treatment;Sep2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1-3, p1
An introduction to this special issue of "Desalination and Water Treatment" is presented.
- How to purify water in an emergency. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p46
Presents several methods for purifying water in an emergency. Boiling; Liquid chlorine bleach; Dry chlorine.
- Let the process run its course. // Inside Tucson Business;3/4/96, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p4
Editorial. Focuses on Pima County's water clean up program in the area of Hughes Missile Systems Co. property and the Tucson International Airport. County Supervisor Ed Moore's opposition to the clean up agreement between the company, the airport, city Tucson and the U.S. Air Force; Decision...
- Questions for Certification Action Line. Harrison, Joseph // Water Technology;Sep2008, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p52
The article presents a list of questions related to water purification whose answers are provided on page 63 and a list of answers whose questions are presented in page 52.