PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- John Berryman (Book Review). Logan, William // Library Journal;10/1/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 17, p2065
Reviews the book 'John Berryman: An Introduction to the Poetry,' by Joel Conarroe.
- Book reviews: Arts & humanities. Lepkowski, F.J. // Library Journal;11/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 19, p86
Reviews the poetry book "Six American Poets," edited by Joel Conarroe.
- MFA grads find nonteaching jobs on campus: You can have a fulfilling careerâ€”and arguably more writing time than professors have. Dreifus, Erika // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Nov2008, Vol. 121 Issue 11, p36
This article discusses the appeal that non-teaching jobs on college campuses have for graduates holding a Master of Fine Arts degree. The appeal of holding a non-teaching job is that there is still a steady income while providing the holder of that job more time to actually write. Also discussed...
- British women's job satisfaction takes a tumble. // Management Services;Autumn2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p43
Presents news briefs concerning management-related issues in Great Britain as of September 2005. Results of a study of job satisfaction among British women employees; Information on a series of lunchtime seminars held by the creative network Arts & Business and Glasgow, Scotland-based Third Eye...
- ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM: JOBFUSCATION. Kirwan-Taylor, Helen // Management Today;Jan2006, p17
The article explains the term Jobfuscation. A favourite buzzword among recruitment offices, Jobfuscation means embellishing the old CV or, better yet, inventing a new one. Most resumes today are lessons in creative writing. Jobfuscation also applies to those fancy titles given to employees when...
- Editorial. // UNESCO Courier;May89, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p3
Editorial. Discusses manuscriptology, a branch of study which seeks fully authentic texts of literary works, while respecting their authors' intentions and the cultural memory of the group to which they belong. `Archives Collection', an international co-publication project; Debate over...
- Writing workshop recruit. Martin, Barbara // Reading Teacher;Apr93, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p600
Presents a literacy vignette from a parent volunteer of a third grade writing workshop describing her experiences with the students.
- Walking the path. Kunz, Nancy Kelly // Reading Teacher;Mar95, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p536
Focuses on the importance of positive reinforcement in writing. Permission for a writer not to have to be as good as a peer; Encouragement for writers to continue to write and think of themselves as writers; Poem about writing.
- Literacy learning in a coffee shop. // Adult Learning;Apr92, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p27
Comments on the author's coffee shop meeting with a friend concerning becoming a better writer. Writing childhood stories; The story `Rover'; Reflections.