IN THE LOOP
- Nelvana acquires Klutz. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Jun2000, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p9
Reports the consolidation of Nelvana Ltd. for Klutz Publishing in Toronto, Ontario. Value of the acquisition; Benefit offered by the merging on the companies; Plans of Nelvana for further consolidations.
- Children's Political Books Riding Election-Year Wave. // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p5
Reports that Scholastic Library Publishing Inc. has planned to launch three new political books for kids on October 2004 in the U.S. Children's books released by HarperCollins Publishers Inc.; Political books for children from Simon & Schuster Inc.
- Pubs hope to cash in on magic. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;6/25/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 56, p1
Reports on the benefits of publishers from the sales of Scholastic's 'Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. Restoration of a slumping book trade; Total sales of the book in the first 24 hours.
- Worrell to Head Scholastic Library Unit. // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p19
Reports on the resignation of Scholastic Library Publishing division President Joe Reynolds. Reason for the resignation; Appointment of Greg Worrell to the position.
- Friedman Out At Scholastic. // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p17
Announces the resignation of Chief Financial Officer Phil Friedman at Scholastic Library Publishing Inc. His achievements; Other executives who left Scholastic in 2004; Management turnover at the Scholastic library unit.
- Thomson Learning Combines Two Higher Ed. Publishing Operations. // Educational Marketer;07/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p5
Reports that Thompson Learning company merged the operations of its higher education publishers, Brooks/Cole and Wadsworth, to create a an organization called Wadsworth Group.
- McGraw-Hill Children's Publishing Adds Frank Schaffer Publications. // Educational Marketer;06/04/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
Reports the acquisition of Toronto, Ontario-based Torsta's Frank Schaffer Publications by New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. in May 2001.
- With Two Mega-Deals Closed, Future M & A Activity Seeks To Fill Niches. // Educational Marketer;8/20/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p5
Provides information on mergers and acquisitions in the publishing industry in the United States in 2001, including the acquisition of Boston Brahmin Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal.
- Directory M&A--Ringing Up Higher Multiples. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the high multiples to be paid by acquirors to purchase U.S. telephone directory publishing business and independent publishers.