PPI Led Penguin Group In Sales And Profit Gains, DK Had Lower Revenues But Cut Its Losses
- Pearson Hits Targets, Looks for Stronger Finish. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the financial results of several publishing companies for the first half of 2002. Information on the book group revenues at Pearson Inc.; Total revenues of Penguin Group; Expectations from the children's group and the education group at Penguin Putnam Inc.
- Penguin Putnam Leads Group In Year Of Sales And Profit Growth. // Book Publishing Report;03/12/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the financial performance of Penguin Putnam Inc. in 2001. Operating profit; Increase in bestselling titles.
- Penguin Group's underlying profits up 23%, results in U.S. biz similar. // Book Publishing Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the 1999 earnings of book publisher Putnam Group and its United States-based subsidiary Penguin Putnam Inc. Sales of the company from hardcover and paperback publications; Boost received by the company from the integration of Ladybird into Penguin's division in Great Britain.
- Penguin First Half Sales Down Despite Better DK Performance- Execs Forecast Stronger Second Half. // Book Publishing Report;8/5/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p5
Reports the sales performance of publisher Penguin Group in the U.S. Operating profit of Penguin; Forecasts of the third and fourth quarter sales; Effects of the release of the book 'Red Rabbit,' by Tom Clancy on the company.
- Penguin Plows Through 'Sluggish' Market To End Year With Sales And Profit Growth After DK Finally Shapes Up. // Book Publishing Report;3/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the sales and profit growth experienced by Penguin Group for the year 2002. Percentage of the increase in the underlying revenues; Factors contributing to the profitability.
- Dip in Penguin North American sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/31/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p20
Announces a dip in sales posted by Penguin Group's North American operations in 1998, according to parent company, Pearson's annual report. Driving factor behind the sales decline; Sales performance of other Pearson subsidiaries. INSET: Wiley, Kluwer acquire two Pearson units..
- Promotions at Penguin Putnam. Petrikin, Chris // Variety;04/07/97, Vol. 366 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the changes made by Penguin Putnam Inc. in its management structure.
- First Half Results Point Upward. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/9/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 32, p199
Reports on sales of book companies in the United States as of August 1999. Houghton Mifflin Co.; Tribune Co.; Penguin Group; Pearson Education; IDG Books.
- Booking new space for Penguin Putnam. Kamen, Robin // Crain's New York Business;02/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p6
Reports that the merged company Penguin Putnam Incorporated is seeking a lease to consolidate its headquarters at 375 Hudson Street, New York City, New York. Negotiation of a sublease with Saatchi & Saatchi; Plans for the company's headquarters.