- Reed-Elsevier To Buy Harcourt, Then Spin Off Higher Education Assets To Thomson Corp. // Educational Marketer;11/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p1
Reports that British-Dutch publisher Reed-Elsevier agreed to purchase Harcourt General as of November 6, 2000.
- Restructured Harcourt To Emphasize Aggressive Marketing, Online Sales. // Educational Marketer;12/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p4
Reports that Harcourt General Inc. announced that it was realigning its educational and publishing subsidiary into four operating groups to strengthen the overall company's sales and marketing performances.
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;12/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p7
Reports on the financial performance of book publisher Harcourt General during the fourth quarter ended October 31, 1999. Revenue growth turned in by the firm's operating divisions; Net earnings.
- Harcourt General Looking for a Buyer. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;07/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p8
Reports that educational textbook and test publisher, Harcourt General Inc. is looking for a buyer of its business. Company's properties included in the sale; Overview on the dismal stock performance of Harcourt; Market value of the business.
- Patrician hauteur. Magarian, Baret // New Statesman;02/26/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4425, p58
Investigates the success of the publishing house Harvill Press in Great Britain. Character of Christopher MacLehose, chairman and co-owner of the publishing house; History of Harvill Press; Elements that comprise the list of Harvill; Relationship with HarperCollins; Pursuit of an international...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;09/11/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p8
Presents news on international book publishing firms for the week of September 11, 2000. Creation of the News Commercial Ventures by News International PLC; Losses sustained by Harvill Press.
- Reed Elsevier & Harcourt Financials, Year Ended Dec. 31, 2004 vs. 2003. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Presents a chart depicting the financial performance of Reed Elsevier PLC and Harcourt Financials in the U.S.
- Harcourt U.S. School Revenue Flat In 2004; Testing Revenue Up 8%. // Educational Marketer;3/7/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial performance of Reed Elsevier's Harcourt Education division in the U.S. Improvement of the underlying revenue for the division; Impact of the Indiana math adoption on the company's sales; Decline of the adjusted profits.
- Reed Elsevier, Pearson Continue To Expect Robust Growth In 2005. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p2
Reports that Reed Elsevier PLC has maintained the positive outlooks for revenue growth in the year 2005 in London, England. Two of the largest educational publishers Harcourt Inc. and Pearson PLC run by company; Continued improved market conditions of the company for all of its businesses;...