PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- New Villard posts. // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p15
Describes the announcement of appointments at the Random House unit by Brian Defiore, senior vice president and publisher of Villard. Brief details on Adam Rothberg and Bruce Tracy.
- New publicity director for Pantheon. // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the appointment of Sophia Cottrell as publicity director for Pantheon Books, an imprint of Knopf Publishing Group. Expectations of the publishing firm on Cottrell's contributions to the imprint; Cottrell's previous position.
- Random House Pushes Further Into E- Publishing, Creates New Imprint. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p2
Reports on book publisher Random House's plan to launch a digital publishing unit. Debut of AtRandom in January 2000 with 20 original titles available as ebooks or paperbacks printed-on-demand; Investment in vanity press Xlibris; Formation of a digital audio imprint with Audible Inc.
- RH makes major revisions in terms of sale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/22/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p12
Reports that Random House has instituted major revisions in its terms of sale for its trade publishing groups. Terms which become effective on June 3, 1996, including a flat discount for retailers; Discounts given to Random House's Selective Distribution (SD) customers; The old schedule;...
- RH realigns trade sales and marketing group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 29, p106
Reports on Random House's plans to restructure its trade sales and marketing unit. The unification of the division's sales and marketing activities for each or Random House's publishing groups; The establishment of a new department for sales planning and information; Comments from Bruce Harris,...
- RANDOM HOUSE, INC. // Gourmet Retailer;Dec2000, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p140
Features the English-language trade publisher Random House Inc. in New York, New York. Company history; Publications of the company; Details on the merchandising support programs of the firm.
- Ballantine names Meredith v-p, executive editor. // Publishers Weekly;1/26/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 4, p12
Reports that Leslie Meredith has been named vice president and executive editor at the Ballantine Publishing Group. Her areas of responsibility; Her career before joining Random House.
- Between the lines. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;02/05/99, Issue 470, p63
Presents updates on the publishing industry in the United States on February 5, 1999. Reason young editors are leaving the industry; Resignation of Karen Rinaldi and Betsy Lerner, editors of Random House Inc.; Books to be released by St. Martin's.
- ENORMOUS HUNGRY HR DEPARTMENT…. // Personnel Today;10/3/2006, p2
The article focuses on Random House Inc.'s plan to hire a personnel director to manage its human resource (HR) operations. The newly formed position will oversee online recruitment strategy for the publishing firm and develop innovative HR policies. The appointee will be offered a package of...