IN THE LOOP
- New Owner Looks to Revitalize Baskerville. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;3/25/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 12, p16
Deals with the operations of Baskerville Publishers under the ownership of Ronald E. Moore, a health-care entrepreneur from Forth Worth, Texas. Reasons behind the decision of Moore to purchase the firm; Information on the publishing initiatives introduced by Moore in the firm.
- HarperCollins U.K. Snags Thoroughly Modern Michel From Vintage to Head New Literary Division. // Book Publishing Report;2/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the publication of literary books by HarperPress in Great Britain. Creation of HarperFiction; Establishment of HarperEntertainment; Factors affecting the publication of audiobooks.
- Brave New Year. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;2/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the efforts taken by audio publishers in facing challenges and preparing for changes in 2003. Format of audio publishing considered; Significance of the strategy of publishing in multiple formats; Aim of audio publishers; Standards issued by the Audio Publishers Association and the...
- Biblio briefs. // Billboard;3/23/96, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p53
Reports on developments in the audiobook publishing industry in the United States as of March 23, 1996. Growth of the New York City-based Spoken Word store's business since it opened in August 1995; Publishing Mills' release of the first four titles in the `Soundprints: Science at the...
- Biblio briefs. // Billboard;6/15/96, Vol. 108 Issue 24, p62
Reports on developments in the audiobook industry in the United States as of June 15, 1996. Playboy Enterprises and Brilliance Corp.'s agreement to produce several lines of audiobooks under the imprint Playboy Audio; Rezound Audio Books' move to make its products and services available through...
- Four Minutes to Shine: The Audiobook Voice Auditions. Glassman, Sharon // Publishers Weekly;3/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 10, p30
Presents an article on an audiobook voice auditions held at the Audio Publishers Association's Audiobook Job Market on February 20, 2003. Procedures for the audition; Evaluation of the participant's performance.
- Audio bits. // Publishers Weekly;8/5/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 32, p289
Presents developments in the audio book publishing industry. Death of audio veteran Charles Hemingway on June 6, 1996; Appointment of Elizabeth Goyette as assistant editor at Brilliance Corp.; Audio Literature's acquisition of Gang of Seven.
- News Briefs. Kuzyk, Raya // Library Journal;11/15/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 19, p36
The article presents news briefs about audio books, including the decision by book publisher Dreamscape to start publishing audio books, the decision by book publisher HarperAudio to release three books on December 28, 2010 in audio book format only, and the results of the Audio Publishers...
- BEA: Audio Upbeat. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;5/20/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 20, p38
Focuses on audiobook publishing and retailing at the BookExpo America symposium held in New York from May 3-5, 2002. Trends in the audiobook industry; Presentation of the annual Audiobook Heroes Award to audiobook producers David Rapkin and John McElroy; Highlights of plans for fall 2002.