More Changes At RH--Children's Group Under New Management, Crown Expands
- RH reshuffles more staff, imprints, this time at Information and Crown groups. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p1
Reports on the reorganization of the Information and Crown Publishing Groups of Random House in the United States. Consolidation of franchise and series publishing programs under Information Group; Consolidation of trade imprints under Crown Group; Staff promotions; Resignation of Information...
- Dohle Remodels Random House. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/24/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 21, p4
The article reports on the first major restructuring at Random House six months after the appointment of Markus Dohle as chairman of the U.S. trade book publisher. The restructuring, which involved the creation of the Ballantine Bantam Dell unit and further realignment of the Crown Publishing...
- Random House Revamps Its Sales Force; Some Job Cuts. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/21/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the reorganization of the entire sales group of Random House. Publisher-dedicated sales division to be retained under the reorganization of the company; Changes in sales executives; Sales directors appointed by the company.
- What's Ahead for Random House? Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;12/8/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 49, p4
The article reports on the restructuring of Random House. Because of the restructuring, Gina Centrello, Sonny Mehta and Jenny Frost will be in charge of the three overarching divisions, Random House Publishing Group, the Knop Doubleday Publishing Group and the Crown Publishing Group,...
- Good Times For Crown. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the business developments at Crown Publishing Group. Management style of Crown's president and publisher, Chip Gibson; Lifestyle of authors with Crown; Plans for Harmony, Three Rivers Press and House of Collectibles.
- Gibson succeeds Sidrane as head of Crown Publishing. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/13/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 20, p13
Relates that Chip Gibson will succeed Michelle Sidrane as president and publisher of Crown Publishing Group effective May 24, 1996. Sidrane's resignation after 22 years at Crown; Gibson's prior experiences at Random House; Sidrane's contribution in integrating Crown into Random House.
- Librarians See Future of Book at BookExpo in Los Angeles. Bryant, Eric; Burns, Ann; Fialkoff, Francine; Hoffert, Barbara; Miller, Rebecca; Ward, Nathan; Williams, Wilda; Rogers, Michael; Oder, Norman // Library Journal;6/1/1999, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p14
Describes the BookExpo America (BEA) of 1999. Electronic books much discussed; Attendance down from 1998; Tone of the BEA; Celebrities and writers at the BEA; Numbers of librarians who attended; Comments of Crown Publishing Group president Chip Gibson on so-called e-books; Growth of audiobook...
- Crown Publishers Optimistic About Wall Street Journal Books. // Book Publishing Report;4/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the expectation of Crown Publishers for its alliance with The Wall Street Journal in the U.S. Formation of Crown (New York) of a three-year alliance with Dow Jones & Co.; Estimated amount of business book revenues during 2003 generated by Randon House; Inclusion of extended narratives...
- Cuts at RH Kids; Promos at Crown. // Publishers Weekly;12/2/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 48, p15
Presents an update on executives in the publishing industry as of December 2002. Resignation of several employees from Random House Children's Group; Promotion of Kristin Kiser at Crown Publishing Group.