Sustainable Design Strategies For Tunneling Projects
- Microtunneling. Tubb, Maretta // Underground Construction;Sep99, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p35
Focuses on the microtunneling technology used by Elmore Pipe Jacking Inc. to handle a difficult sewer line installation in Clark County Sanitation District in Las Vegas, Nevada. Aim of the sewer relief project; Background on each phase of the project; Challenges of the construction project.
- Holes Creek Tunnel Project Uses Microtunneling To Install 4,400-Foot Sewer. // Underground Construction;Sep2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p10
Deals with the use of microtunneling in the Holes Creek Tunnel Project in Dayton, Ohio. Overview of the open-cut construction design for the project; Installation process; Average drive lengths of the tunnel.
- Ship ahoy! // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/12/95, Vol. 234 Issue 23, p106
Editorials. Comments on the problem posed by indestructible hulls scattered in backwater around America's coastlines to tunnelers. Tunnelers' difficulty in cutting their way through the hull of ship in San Francisco, Calif.; High cost of cutting the buried hulls for disposal.
- Trouble Brewing for Seattle's Deep-Bore Tunnel Project? Rush, Jim // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Aug2010, p6
The article discusses the development of the underground construction with tunnel projects and groundbraking plans to benefit the economy and the society.
- TBMs Large and Small. Rush, Jim // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Feb2011, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the microtunneling project completed by Cruz Contractors in East Boston, Massachusetts and the evolution of large-diameter tunnel boring machines.
- Six Tunnels Under Texas. Paggioli, Kimberly // Pollution Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p37
The article offers news briefs related to tunnel construction projects in Austin, Texas. Under the city's Clean Water Program (CWP), the final design for Walnut Creek Tunnel interceptor is assigned to national engineering and consulting firm Brown and Caldwell. The Shaol Creek Tunnel Project has...
- NEVADA. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Oct2013, p36
The article reports on the near completion of the Lake Mead Intake No. 3 Connector Tunnel by Renda Pacific and the new design-build project of Lake Mead Intake No. 3 Shafts and Tunnel by Vegas Tunnel Constructors in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- SOUTH CAROLINA. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Oct2013, p37
The article reports on the Phase V construction of the West Ashley Sewer Tunnel & Influent Pump Station in Charleston and the completion of the Phase II Manchester Creek Outfall Sewer in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Business Goes On as Small Mole Places Sewer Pipe Downtown. Kosowatz, John J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/31/99, Vol. 242 Issue 21, p147
Focuses on the construction of a microtunneling scheme in Bay Mud in Contra Costa County, California. Techniques employed in the installation of the pipes; Materials used; Details on the construction.
- Streamlining Stockholm's traffic. // International Construction;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p40
Updates on the progress of Sweden's largest tunnelling project which is the Stockholm Southern Link. Project's goal to streamline the city's traffic; Project description; Blasting restrictions.