DC Water awards $330M tunnel contract for clean rivers project
- Chinese wind tunnel facility. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/29/85, Vol. 123 Issue 5, p55
The People's Republic of China is preparing to build a large transonic wind tunnel at the Chinese Aeronautical Research & Development Center northwest of Chengdu and may be interested in making the effort a joint project, possibly with the Europeans.
- Linking Europe to Africa. Hughes, Barrie // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug95, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the plan to implement a three-billion-pound project to link Spain and Morocco by rail tunnel. Features of project; Consideration of the geology of the Strait of Gibraltar; Provision of technical advice by British consulting engineers Halcrow.
- Alpine subway. // International Construction;Oct2002, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p19
Reports on the construction of a twin tube tunnel at Steinhaus in Austria in an attempt to bring the country's transport system on par with European standards. Features and location of the tunnel; Method of mechanical excavation; Rock quality encountered in the drilling process.
- Dug Out. Van Houten, Ben // Restaurant Business;8/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 15, p15
Reports on the impact of the construction of Big Dig, officially known as Central Artery-Third Harbor Tunnel project on the restaurant industry in Boston, Massachusetts. Closure of landmark downtown eatery Al Sablones Veal 'N Vintage; Underground rerouting of the above-ground interstate...
- Swiss bore a gallery prior to Alpine tunnel. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/18/93, Vol. 231 Issue 16, p29
Reports on a Swiss consortium's boring of a tunnel through the Alps to explore the geology for a proposed tunneling project. Extending nearly 3.5 miles; Tunnel boring machine to drive through loose and soft soil; Risk of fracturing; First construction work for the Swiss Federal Railway's...
- CPAR field tests retrieval microtunneling system. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Feb95, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on the Construction Productivity Advancement Research Program, a microtunneling research project in Mississippi funded by the United States Army Corp of Engineers and the construction industry. Completion of a project which evaluates a microtunnling system which use temporary steel...
- Year-end Review. Rush, Jim // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Dec2011, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the business of tunnel market in North America and related articles in the present and other issues.
- Upcoming Projects. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Apr2010, p44
The article offers information on coming tunnel projects in various areas including California, Florida and Ohio. It stated about the construction of a tunnel parallel to the existing Irvington Tunnel in Alameda County, California; Government Cut Utility Tunnel on Miami Beach and Euclid Creek...
- Robbins EPB Completes Metro Line 12. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Jun2012, p6
The article reports on the successful completion of 10.2 meter in diameter and 7.7 kilometer (km) in length of Robbins EPB Metro Line 12 tunnel in Mexico City, Mexico.