Thiess sells KJV share
- Coal-to-gas and coal-to-hydrogen facilities. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 258 Issue 2, p31
The article reports on the agreement to pursue development of coal-to-gas and coal-to-hydrogen projects signed between Peabody Energy Corp. and GreatPoint Energy Inc.
- Mongolian joint venture. // Coal International;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the joint venture between Peabody Energy Corp. and Winsway Coking Coal Holdings Ltd. which led to the establishment of Peabody-Winsway Resources in Mongolia.
- Russia to Develop Aluminum Smelter, Power Plant in Libya. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct2008, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p20
The article offers updates related to the developments in mining industry in Asia. UC Rusal of Moscow, Russia has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Libyan State Economic and Social Development Fund to form a joint venture to build an energy and metals complex in Libya. Peabody Energy...
- Peabody Energy completes agreement for joint venture in Mongolia. // Mining Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p14
The article announces that Peabody Energy has completed the acquisition of a 50-percent interest in Peabody-Polo Resources BV, a joint venture that holds Polo Resources Limited's coal interests in Mongolia. The energy company reportedly invested $23 million in the joint venture. The joint...
- Joint development of open-cut mine in Xinjiang. // Coal International;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the joint venture of Peabody Energy Corp. and Shanxi Lu'an Mining Group Co. Ltd. to the exploration of the development and operation of Shaxi Mine in Xinjiang Uygur, China. The under construction Shaxi Mine of Lu'an has a large acces to thermal resource. According to...
- Breaking News. // Coal Age;Jan2004, Vol. 109 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the tentative agreement entered by Peabody Energy to purchase the Twentymile mine in Colorado and a stake in a surface coal mine in Venezuela from RAG Coal International. Effect of the sale on the production capacity of Peabody; Description of the Twentymile mine; Details of the...
- PEABODY SIGNS DEFINITIVE AGREEMENTS TO PURCHASE OPERATIONS
FROM RAG. // Coal Age;Apr2004, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p6
Reports that Peabody Energy has signed definitive agreements to purchase coal operations from RAG Coal International AG as of April 2004. Inclusions of the purchase; Advantages of the operations; Information on the company's joint venture with Carbones del Guasare.
- FUELING THE FUTURE. Knudson, Brooke // U.S. Business Review;Feb2007, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p63
The article profiles Rentech Inc., a company that converts carbon-bearing materials into ultra-clean fuels and chemicals based in Los Angeles, California. To develop coal-to-liquids (CTL) and gas-to-liquids (GTL) projects, the company uses patented and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch (FT)...
- DRAGLINE CROSSES CENTRAL INDIANA. // Coal Age;Aug2010, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p17
The article reports that Peabody Energy Corp.'s Bucyrus-Erie 2570-W dragline has crossed central Indiana and has reached the Bear Run mine south of Dugger, Indiana.