French accent at KomercnÃ Banka encounters more than a few problems
- Komercni board members jockey for key position. Lesenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;9/3/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p1
Reports on Societe Generale's plan to reduce the number of board members in Czech Republic-based bank Komercni Banka. Infighting created among the bank's existing board members; Speculations and uncertainties concerning Societe Generale's takeover of Komercni Banka; Impact on the banking sector...
- CDOs lurking in the KomerÄnÃ closet and smurfing back to France. Le&stilde;narová, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the acquisition of French bank Komer&ctilde;nÃ Banka by SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale SA. Changes in the board members of the bank; Investigation made by French police into the practice of money laundering which was accomplished through the banks' collateralized debt obligations...
- KomerÄnÃ Banka stars on PSE. Loula, Marek // Prague Business Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p23
Focuses on the starred rank of KomerÄnÃ Banka (KB) on Prague Stock Exchanges (PSE) as of April 2002. Factors affecting the stock exchange rates; Index of the PSE; Profit generation of KB.
- KB takes lead in protecting clients from card fraud. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p23
Relates the plans of Komercni Banka to cover unauthorized transactions charged to customer debit and credit cards from the moment a loss or theft is reported. Other terms included in the service.
- "EXCEPTIONAL" FRAUD- SOCIÃ‰TÃ‰ GÃ‰NÃ‰RALE. Kastantin, Joseph; Eide, Barbara; Hackert, Ann // Journal of Critical Incidents;Oct2011, Vol. 4, p44
The â€œExceptionalâ€ Fraud - SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale critical incident provides an opportunity for students to prioritize a wide range of crucial decisions the board of directors of a publicly traded French bank must consider and make when confronted with an apparent fraud scheme...
- KP posts profit, outlines strategy. // Prague Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p21
Reports the business condition of Komer&ccravení Banka in Czech Republic. Reduction of staff levels of the bank; Percentage decrease of cost-income ratio; Business losses of KP.
- Banking scandals Prod Companies to Rethink RISK Policies. Ferguson, Renee Boucher // eWeek;10/20/2008 Innovations Supplement, Issue 6, p18
The article attempts to analyze the impact of two massive banking scandals involving Wachovia Corp. and Sociï¿½tï¿½ Gï¿½nï¿½rale SA to corporations. According to the author, these scandals pushed business organizations to rethink and reconsider risk policies. He then notes that...
- The Risk of Rogues. Coffin, Bill // Risk Management (00355593);Mar2008, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p6
The article examines rogue trader Jerome Kerviel's activities at SociÃ©tÃ© GÃ©nÃ©rale between 2005 and 2008, and explains how he managed to accumulate billions of dollars in losses. After the 1995 Nick Leeson scandal that brought down Barings, banks around the world adopted stringent new...
- French bank makes exec Manhattan transfer. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;2/25/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on bank executive Premila Hoon, head of motion picture finance for the French bank Societe Generale. Hoon is relocating her office from London, England to New York City in the spring of 2008. The move is seen as a signal from Societe Generale that despite weakness in the U.S....