Micro lender gives credit access to the little guy
- Big business in small loans. Barnes, Celia // Warsaw Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p1
Features the company Fundusz Mikro in Poland. Details on the establishment of the company; Nature of business; Impact of the economy on the financial status of the micro business.
- Never know what you're going to get. Shockley, Paul // Warsaw Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p2
Discusses the January 9, 2001 meeting attended by monetary policymakers and government officials after weeks of public feuding over interest rate cuts. Government threats of new legislation that would hike the number of the Monetary Policy Council; Government's aim to simulate the economy;...
- Further Cuts Likely In Warsaw. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p15
Provides information on the economic conditions in Poland as of October 21, 2002. Details on Poland 's European Union (EU) accession course; Goal of Poland in joining the EU; Prospects for further interest rate reductions.
- Polish inflation slows in September. // Regional Today;10/16/2013, p1
The article reports on the decline in inflation in Poland in September 2013 which strengthens the central bank's plan to keep interest rates at a record low until mid-2014.
- Poland keeps rate unchanged at record low. // Regional Today;5/8/2014, p1
The article reports that Poland has maintained its benchmark interest rate at a record low for the 10th month as its economic revival is threatened by the Ukrainian conflict, as of May 2014.
- Moderate Tightening Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p5
The article forecasts the economic conditions in Poland for 2007. The Monetary Policy Council voted to hold interest rates at 4% in February, where they have been since February 2006. Strong wage growth and robust retail sales and industrial output are some of indicators of growing domestic...
- Poland: Another 50bps Around The Corner. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/19/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p13
Focuses on several economic issues in Poland, as of July 19, 2004. Decision of the National Bank of Poland to increase its interest rate; Need of the country to improve its monetary policy; Information on yield trading in Poland.
- RPP says rate to fall sharply next year. // Warsaw Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p3
Reports the economic conditions of Poland according to the Monetary Policy Council. Percentage decline of interest rates; Increase on jobless rates; Decrease of inflation rates.
- Fundamentals Improve Slowly. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Oct2002, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p5
Explores the recovery of Poland from current account deficits. Concerns of investors to official exchange rate policy; Contribution of a decline in overseas tourism spending; Retention of interest rates.