Flat tax: an ODS gimmick that's making the pre-election running
- REUTERS week. // Warsaw Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p1
Reports the threat of the Peasants Party to put a motion before Parliament to curb the central bank's independence if the Democratic Left Alliance rejects the introduction of an emergency import tax in Poland.
- BN 'eyes' in Penang council meetings. SANGEETHA, A. // Malay Mail;9/25/2012, p3
The article reports that Malaysian political party Penang Barisan Nasional will send representatives to the meetings of the Penang Island and Seberang Perai Municipal Councils in order to evaluate decisions that will affect the taxpayers.
- An orgy of machismo? Grigsby, John // Public Finance;06/28/96, p8
Opinion. Presents the author's opinion on the approaches of main political parties to the reorganization of the common customs tariff (CCT) of Great Britain. Effect of the abolition of the CCT to the Labour party; Four professional bodies who said the plans of abolishing CCT are unworkable and...
- Master class. Cook, Patrick // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/2/2003, Vol. 121 Issue 6401, p122
This article presents a verbal caricature of the political scenario of Australia. This involves a comment on what the national leaders of the Australian Labor Party can learn from state level leaders of the Labor Party in New South Wales. There is also reference to the involvement of politicians...
- Green action, not political spin. Rogers, Danny // Travel Weekly (UK);3/16/2007, p33
The author reflects on the announcement by the Conservative Party in Great Britain regarding tax hikes on air travel. According to the article, it was described as one of the most ambitious programmes ever put forward by a mainstream political party. He says that there was some sense in the...
- Do-nothing Congress unlikely to fix estate tax mess. Ettinger, Michael // Westchester County Business Journal;9/20/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 38, p4
In this article, the author discusses the stand of the opposing political parties like the Democrats and Republicans on solving the estate tax mess in the U.S.
- Secondary issues and party politics: an application to environmental policy. Anesi, Vincent; De Donder, Philippe // Social Choice & Welfare;Apr2011, Vol. 36 Issue 3/4, p519
This article develops a political economy model to assess the interplay between party formation and an environmental policy dimension viewed as secondary to the redistributive dimension. We define being a secondary issue in terms of the intensity of preferences over this issue rather than in...
- Tories hope R&D relief gets the vote. // Design Week;4/28/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the Conservative Party's pledge to simplify tax relief on research and development (R&D) in Great Britain. Tax credit that allows qualifying businesses to deduct up to 150 percent of their expenditure on R&D when calculating profits for tax purposes; Highlights of the Conservative...
- Taxation and representation. Rossiter, Ann // Public Finance;11/2/2007, p4
The article reports on the growing sentiment at Westminster, particularly among Conservatives, that Great Britain has passed the high-water mark of voters' support for public expenditure. The party under David Cameron has been distancing itself from its old image as a tax-cutting, low public...