WEEK IN REVIEW
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Prague Business Journal;6/17/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p2
Reports economic and political developments in the Czech Republic as of June 23, 2002. Amount of total indebtedness of Czech municipalities; Approval of the proposal of majority state owner The National Property Fund; Failure of the Lower House by a single vote to overturn a Senate veto.
- Chapter II: Political Overview. // Czech Republic Country Review;2000, p9
Presents an overview of the political and social sectors in the Czech Republic as of July 2000. Population; Principal government officials; Education; Social infrastructure; History; Government; Armed forces; Foreign relations.
- A year of voter apathy, failed sales and other black humor. // Prague Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p8
Looks back at the important events in the Czech political and economic sector in 2002. Impact of the June elections to the lower chamber of the parliament on Czech partisan politics; Low interest of citizens in politics; Failure of privatization efforts by the government; Weakness of the...
- Country Risk Summary: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Jul2003, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p8
This article overviews political, economic and social environment of Czech Republic. EU membership approved in June 2003's referendum, attention will focus on getting Finance Minister Bohuslav Sobotka's medium-term fiscal deficit reduction plan through parliament. With the coalition controlling...
- CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p6
The article offers news briefs in Czech Republic including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- CZECH REPUBLIC: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on the political and economic conditions of Czech Republic such as the approval of the austerity bill by the Czech Senate on November 12, 2010, the statement of World Bank senior economist Kaspar Richter that the country has good macro outlook and low public debt,...
- Country Risk Summary: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Presents news items related to the political and economic condition of the Czech Republic as of November 2002. Opposition to the proposed tax rise by some of the coalition partners of the country's Social Democratic government; Economic implications of the damages caused by the August 2002 flood.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Prague Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p2
Presents news concerning the economic and political conditions in the Czech Republic as of March 2003. Economic growth rate; Telecommunications industry; Cabinet proposal for an increase in monthly viewer license fees paid to Czech Television.
- Czech Republic. // Background Notes on Countries of the World 2003;Feb2003 Czech Republic, p1
Presents information on Czech Republic. Geographical features of the country; Economy of the country as of February 11, 2003; Government and political conditions of the country.