Ministry's sick leave remedy under fire
- UNIVERSAL SICK PAY COVERAGE ADOPTED IN DENMARK. // Monthly Labor Review;Jul73, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p49
Reports on key issues and developments relevant to the universal sick pay coverage adopted in Denmark compiled as of July 1973. Extension of the sick pay coverage to all income earners; Beneficiaries; Coverage requirements; Features of the sick pay system; Implications on labor and employee...
- Changes to sick-pay plan. // Accountancy;Apr1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1052, p18
Reports on the British government's plan to make employers responsible for the first eight weeks of statutory sick-pay benefits to their employees.
- Employers feel most ills of sick-leave plan. Gabrielsen, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p8
The article presents the author's views on an initiative in which Ohio employers would be required to give their employees a minimum of seven sick days per year. He informs that people in Ohio are the third-most taxed in the U.S. He says that many manufacturers have left Ohio because the cost of...
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Oct2012, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p5
The article presents questions and answers on industrial relations including charging a fee to an employee who failed to create an account despite frequent requests, how to deal with employees who forget to sign time sheet, and the right of employers to request a doctor's note with diagnosis for...
- Frustration of a contract of employment. // Accountancy;May86, Vol. 97 Issue 1113, p30
Reports on the contract-of-employment case 'Notcutt v. Universal Equipment Co. Ltd.' in Great Britain in 1986. Notcutt's claim for entitlement to sick pay under the Employment Protection Act of 1978; Universal's offer of a 12-week sick pay; Rules of frustration of contract.
- Statutory Sick Pay transitional rules--your checklist. Janner, Greville // Accountancy;Apr1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1076, p19
Presents a checklist to help accountants prepare for the Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) rules which come into force on April 6, 1983. Period of incapacity for work for SSP purposes; Link to state Sickness Benefit; Questions to consider.
- A comparison of Puerto Rico's labor legislation with some states and countries. // Caribbean Business;5/19/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p19
The article presents a comparison of Puerto Rico's labor legislation with some other states and countries such as France, California, and Texas. It highlights on the difference of the mentioned states and countries in terms of minimum wage, overtime, vacations, leaves, bonuses and severance....
- SICK AT WORK. // State Legislatures;May2008, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that at least 12 states have considered sick pay legislation this year. Nearly half of all U.S. workers do not have paid sick leave, making them choose between staying home and losing wages or working sick and exposing others. Advocates say making paid sick days a basic labor...
- SSP -- small employers' relief. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;May91, Vol. 107 Issue 1173, p50
Identifies clarifications in Great Britain's Statutory Sick Pay Act of 1991 contained in 'The Statutory Sick Pay (Small Employers' Relief) Regulations 1991.'