Greek telco OTE bids for Czech Telecom
- Telecom courtships conserve mystery as new bidding contenders emerge. Lešenarová, Hana // Prague Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p30
Presents the possible bidding contenders for the privatization of Czech Telecom in the Czech Republic. Names of the financial investors; Analysis of the income of the company; Views of the economic analysts on the marketing performance of Czech Telecom in the economy.
- Two consortia chosen for Telecom call. Halilović, Emir // Prague Business Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p3
Reports the formation of bidding consortia by the Czech Republic in line with the issue on Czech Telecom privatization. Leaders of the consortia; Strategic partners; Views of the government on the bidding.
- Telecom Mini tariff users left out. // Prague Business Journal;2/18/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p22
Reports the move of Czech Telecom to cancel the provision of call-by-call carrier selection services to its Home Mini tariff users in Czech Republic. Questions on the legality of the move; Fee for the Home Mini program; Offering of a free tariff change to the clients of the company.
- Alternative telcos take off the gloves. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
Reports the complaints of several telecommunication operators against Czech Telecom for allegedly violating laws on tariff programs in Prague, Czech Republic. Restriction of clients from using services of competing operators; Reaction of the public toward tariff programs; Effects of Home Mini...
- Alternative telcos call for CTU to rule on 'colored-line' charges. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Focuses on the disputes between telephone companies due to network interconnection charges offered by Czech Telecom for toll-free and tariff lines in Czech Republic. Plans to liberalize telecommunication market; Intervention of Czech Telecoms Office on the charges; Impact of the charges on the...
- High hopes dashed for alternative telcos on a difficult market. Lesenarova, Hana; Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p5
Reports on developments related to telecommunication in the Czech Republic, for the week ended November 18, 2001. Uncertainty about the future of Aliatel; Advantages of Czech Telecom over alternative operators; Foreign-owned telecom companies operating in the country.
- Company defends fixed-line fee hikes. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
Reports on Czech Telecom's explanation of its decision to increase its rates in January 2002. Redistribution of costs between different parts of the company's operation before the residential market is opened later in 2002; Higher fixed fees for home users; Additional tariffs introduced for...
- 7 Telecom suitors to get look at books. Le&stilde;enarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the verification of tenders by the government of Czech Republic which were submitted by telecom investors to acquire the fixed-line operator Czech Telecom based in Czech Republic. Secrecy maintained by an investor regarding its identity in the bid; Investors which submitted their...
- Telecom sale caught in web of contracts. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the controversy concerning the sale agreement on the government's fifty one per cent share in Czech Telecom. Talks between the government and TelSource on aspects of the pre-sale agreement; Challenges to the government's fifty one per cent stake; Price and regulatory issues.