Margins doubled in three years
- Three years and I'm off, says MFI boss. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Focuses on the plans of MFI chief executive John Hancock to leave the chain in less than three years to return to the United States.
- Hancock's strategy ... // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p4
Features the strategy employed by chief executive John Hancock for the three year recovery period of the company MFI.
- MFI searches for a 'fresh view' with John Hancock. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p5
Reports on the appointment of John Hancock as chief executive of MFI. Resignation of John Randall as chief executive following the board of directors' approval of a change in leadership; Career profile of John Hancock. INSET: CV: John Hancock.
- Back to basics at Hancock's 'customer focused' MFI. // Cabinet Maker;07/16/99, Issue 5146, p7
Comments on furniture firm MFI and its chief executive John Hancock. Plan to be more `customer focused'; Open communication between distribution and manufacturing sides; Focus on vertical integration; Changes in management; Abolition of the MFI name.
- Double century for MFI. // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2001, Issue 5259, p4
Reports the opening of Howden joinery depot by the furniture retailer and manufacturer of MFI Homeworks company. Expansion plan of outlets by MFI; Recognition of MFI at the Retail Interiors Awards; Inclusion of kitchen solutions for small builders.
- Why reinvent the wheel? Just repackage it as something else... // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p6
Comments on the decision of MFI chief executive officer John Hancock to review the future direction of the company's retail bed brands, MFI, Hygena and Schrieber. Sales benefits of the company's introduction of branded models; Number of years allotted by Hancock to complete his strategy of...
- Makeover pays off for MFI as profits soar. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);8/7/2003, p15
MFI Ltd., the once-derided furniture retailer, has achieved a brand makeover worthy of Skoda. Just a few years ago it was in trouble. Represented by tired stores and languid advertising, it was heading nowhere fast. Two weeks ago, the company confirmed that its revival is well and truly on-track...
- MFI praises in-house supply chain system. // Motor Transport;7/31/2003, p4
Reports on the performance of the in-house supply chain of MFI, as of July 2003. Percentage increase in the operating profit of the company's Howden Joinery division because of the supply chain; Turnover posted by the Howden Joinery division; Remarks from John Hancock, MFI chief executive, on...
- MFI boosts spending to promote new look. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p3
Reports on the strategy of furniture firm MFI UK to increase its advertising spending in Great Britain. Progress of its store refurbishment program; Aim to promote the revised stores and product; Statement of John Hancock, company's chief executive on the completion of refits.