Terms of Endearment: Financial Contracts for Couples
- Advice for couples merging budgeting styles. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/26/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p25
Provides tips for couples in handling combined finances in the U.S. Discussion of financial problems; Agreement on financial priorities; Disclosure of financial goals.
- Year-End Strategies. Myers, Melissa; Tucker, Michael // Echo Magazine;12/5/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p55
The authors present financial advice for LGBT people suggesting tax saving options in the assessment year 2013-2014. Tucker suggests that savings in any employer sponsored flexible spending account must be used before the year-ends else it gets forfeited. Myers informs that married same-sex...
- What's Mine Is Yours. Hatch, Jennifer // Advocate;2/10/2009, Issue 1023, p30
The article provides information on how couples who own joint assets, such as a house or brokerage account, can transfer funds back and forth between who declares the tax gains or losses and who takes the tax deductions. The author states that it helps if both partners use the same tax preparer....
- Inflation remained low during 1984. Howell, Craig; Thomas, William // Monthly Labor Review;Apr85, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the stability of low inflation in the United States in 1984. Contribution of good agricultural harvests to lower inflation; High value of the dollar in international currency markets which encouraged a surge of imports; Impact of American monetary policies which gave high priority to...
- Price stability and financial stability: The historical record. Bordo, Michael D.; Wheelock, David C. // Review (00149187);Sep/Oct98, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p41
Examines whether the financial history of the United States (US) is consistent with Anna Schwartz's claim that instability in the price level excarbates financial instability. Reason sustained inflation encourages speculative investment and borrowing; Details on Schwartz Hypothesis; US...
- Inflation holds steady during the first half. Kuemmmerling, Robert A.; Hanson, Patricia // Monthly Labor Review;Oct88, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the inflation trends in the United States for the first half of 1988. Effects of the year's drought on the prices of produce; Rate of annual increase of shelter costs.
- A Decade of Global Public Finance. // Bond Buyer;7/5/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31174, p31
Presents a chart related to public finance in the United States from 1992 to 2001.
- Case For Flat Rates In Oct. Gets Stronger. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;09/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30724, p2
Reports on the expected inflation rate in the United States for October 1999. Benign quality to domestic inflation.
- The future of inflation. // Material Handling Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p30
Discusses divergent views on the future of inflation in the United States in relation to its economy, government and industry. Conflicting theories about inflation; Economic and industry forecasts; Contributing factors to industrial changes; Evaluation of the economy.