In the FPA
- The Changing Landscape. Simonoff, Evan // Financial Planning;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p13
Editorial. Deals with the creation of the Financial Planning Association. Indications of its creation; Changes adapted in the financial planning profession; Other issues surrounding the profession.
- Reassessing in the Wake of Terrorism. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 130 Issue 2679, p4
Offers advice on evaluating personal finances, based on recommendations from the Financial Planning Association.
- Sydney:. // Precision Marketing;12/14/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the privacy kit launched by the Financial Planning Association of Australia for financial advisors to help them comply with Privacy Act amendments that took effect in December 2001. Incident that led to the effort.
- IN THE FPA. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p20
Reports developments related to financial planning in the United States. Encouragement of Guy M. Cumbie, president of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to members on pro bono support and assistance; Creation of an online forum for members on the FPA Web site; Requirements for the...
- Financial Planning Association defends asset-based fees. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;10/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p5
The article reports that Financial Planning Association (FPA) argues the position of the Industry Super Networks that asset-based fees are commissions in disguise as it is being disclosed to client and as client negotatied payment model in Australia.
- STUDY: BOND SELLOFF MAY BE TOO RISKY. // Medical Economics;1/9/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the study conducted by the Financial Planning Association regarding the risk for bond selloff. The authors reveal that cashing in bonds results in the portfolio lasting longer than other strategies about 90% of the time, by an average of 2.3 to 3.8 years. However, they...
- Financial Planning Down Under. Bennett, Julie // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p114
Provides an overview of financial planning in Australia. History of financial planners in Australia; Background information on the Financial Planning Association of Australia; Consumer recognition of the financial planning industry; Education of financial planners in Australia; Regulation of...
- Bob Barry: FPA's Incoming President. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p90
Profiles Financial Planning Association (FPA) President Robert Barry. His career in financial planning; His goals for the FPA in 2002; Percentage of FPA members who participate at the chapter and national levels; Years spent in the field of financial planning.
- FPA Local Chapters and Contacts. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p100
Focuses on the benefits of Financial Planning Association (FPA) membership. International mission of FPA; Number of continuing education credits available for members holding a variety of designations; Tools and resources that help in running a financial planning business; Public relations...