- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Oct2011, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p37
A bibliography on the subject of banking is presented which includes reports "UK Commercial Property Insurance 2011," "Wealth Management in India 2011," and "UK Private Medical Insurance 2011."
- Finance 101: A Freshman Parent's Guide. Johnston, Megan // Money;Sep2003, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p124
So the tuition is paid--but what about insurance for that laptop? Tips for financing a college student's monthly needs. Your child is heading off to college, and you've devised a plan to pay the big bill. But as Marc Freedman, a financial planner in Peabody, Mass., says,"parents usually plan for...
- Net income declines in third quarter. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;12/09/96, Vol. 100 Issue 50, p3
Focuses on a third-quarter net income decline for the property-casualty industry in 1996, attributed by a higher level of catastrophe losses. Statistics representing the net income; Catastrophe losses caused by Hurricane Fran; Information on the loss by Christopher Guidette, an IDO...
- Best's Rating Changes. // Best's Review;Aug2003, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p17
Presents a chart summarizing the Best's Rating Changes includes life, health-care and property/casual insurers domiciled in North America.
- THE STATE OF UNDERWRITING. Stephani, Justin // Insurance Networking News;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p13
The article discusses the updates of underwriting in personal health, life, personal property or casualty, and reinsurance businesses in the U.S.
- PROGRAM CALENDAR. // Journal of the Insurance Institute of India;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p97
A calendar of events related to training programs from September 2015-March 2016 is presented which include management of property insurance; livestock insurance and advanced health insurance management.
- Getting ready to cover the next 40 years of changes. Winston, Paul // Business Insurance;10/8/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 41, p12
The author reflects on the changes affecting the readers of "Business Insurance" on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the periodical. The biggest change can be found in the title. "Business Insurance" was an apt description of the market served in 1967: The buyer of commercial insurance,...
- Malaysia: Non-life to see steady growth in 2015 - PIAM. // Asia Insurance Review;Dec2014, p25
The article reports that General Insurance Association of Malaysia (PIAM) said that the non-life insurance products, such as property/engineering, medical and health and specialty classes, will continue to grow amid challenges from high third-party bodily injury claims from road accidents and...
- Paying Attention to Strength Ratings…. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p24
This article focuses on the financial performance of insurance companies in 2000. It was said that basic financial planning emphasizes the importance of strength ratings for insurance companies. According to Standard & Poor's, 56 insurance companies failed in 2000, up from 40 in 1999. Five among...