2001: TOP HARDCOVER FICTION AUTHORS
- The Reader as Lab Rat. Masello, Robert // Publishers Weekly;6/26/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 26, p58
This article presents a survey involving the behavior of book readers in England. It has cited that the three percent of survey respondents read to make themselves look more intelligent. Seventy-eight percent of the respondents said that they regularly shop at online bookstores. Home is the most...
- Hardcover Bestsellers. // Publishers Weekly;3/21/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p60
Presents a list of hardcover bestsellers in the U.S. as of March 21, 2005. "Honeymoon," by James Patterson and Howard Roughan; "The Broker," by John Grisham; "Cold Service," by Robert B. Parker; "Impossible," by Danielle Steel.
- Hardcover authors appearing most. // Book Publishing Report;01/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p8
Lists the most frequently appearing authors in the hardcover bestseller list. Includes J.K. Rowling; Stephen King; John Grisham; Danielle Steel; Number of appearances.
- Adults to the Front of the Class. D. R. // Publishers Weekly;6/11/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 24, p13
The article discusses the sales of books for children by authors John Grisham and James Patterson including the "Maximum Ride" series by Patterson, the "Middle School" series by Patterson, and the "Theodore Boone" series by Grisham.
- Grisham V Grisham. Jordan, Tina // Entertainment Weekly;2/13/2004, Issue 751, p41
Discusses views of literary author John Grisham on his best-selling books.
- Summer fiction. // Advertising Age;7/14/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 28, p16
The article reports on the POP Profiles study of the magazine, "People," which examines the fiction authors most popular among various generations. According to the study, Generation Xers prefer Stephen King while baby boomers prefer romantic fiction. The top author choices according to the...
- Grisham's Southern Loyalists. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p33
Focuses on the book signing tour of author John Grisham in Mississippi for his book, 'King of Torts.' Information on the tour's arrangement; Background on Grisham's arrangements; Views of the owners of participating bookstores on Grisham.
- Writing While: An unprecedented number of black characters inhabit today's mainstream fiction best-seller lists, but few of them are created by black authors. Young, Earni // Black Issues Book Review;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p26
This article focuses on the depiction of African Americans in the U.S. popular literature. John Grisham, whose legal thrillers have become automatic best-sellers, is one of several popular white authors, including Janet Evanovich, Suzanne Brockmann, Robert B. Parker and James Patterson, who are...
- Hardcover Bestsellers/Fiction. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 7, p10
The article presents information related to hardcover bestsellers and fiction literature in the U.S. It has been reported that officials at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, were upset that author John Grisham mentions the school in connection with a fictional gang rape in the...