NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Paperback Fiction 2001
- Random House Claims Top Spot Among Children's Publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/27/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 39, p25
Presents information on the sales of children's book publishers in the United States during 1997 and 1998. Random House; Penguin Putnam; Golden Books; HarperCollins; Scholastic.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS Hardcover Fiction 2001. // Book Publishing Report;1/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p3
Presents a list of top-selling hardcover fiction book publishers in the U.S. for the year 2001. Random House; Penguin Putnam; HarperCollins; Simon & Schuster;; Time Warner; Holtzbrinck; Tyndale House.
- BPR's index of bestselling hardcover publishers, 1999. // Book Publishing Report;01/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
Presents an index of bestselling hardcover publishers in 1999. Includes Random House; Penguin Putnam; Simon & Schuster.
- Grann ups profile, rocks ranks. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;12/3/2001, Vol. 385 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the appointment of Phyllis Grann, outgoing chief executive of Penguin Putnam company, as vice chairman of Random House publishing company. Significance of his appointment to Random House; Tasks of Grann at Random House.
- Penguin Revamps Shakespeare Series. // Publishers Weekly;10/18/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 42, p19
Discusses the move of Penguin Putnam publishing company to update its Pelican Shakespeare book series. Reason of the company for updating the series; Scholars and editors who prepared the publication of the book series.
- These Blogs Mean Business. Harper, Eliot // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;1/24/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the growth of publishers which are using blogs to post publications in the U.S. It states that the blogging activities of various publication companies, including Random House Inc., O'Reilly Media Inc., and Penguin Putnam Inc., aim to address the declining level in the...
- Shinker Sets Out On His Own--With New Imprint At Penguin Putnam. Putman, Penguin // Book Publishing Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p5
Reports on former Simon & Schuster executive William Shinker's agreement to start an imprint at Penguin Putnam Inc. Publishing focus of the imprint; Shrinker's career in the publishing industry.
- What Becomes A Bestseller Most? The BPR Roundup of Fiction Sales in 2001. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;1/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p1
Reports developments related to the publishing industry in the U.S. as of January 2002. Transfer of author Phyllis Grant to Random House; Number of bestselling titles released by Penguin Putnam Inc,; Popularity of the book 'The Bonesetter's Daughter,' by Amy Tan.
- Penguin Putnam names new management team. J.M. // Publishers Weekly;4/7/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 14, p12
Describes the senior management team of Penguin Putnam Inc. which was installed on April 1, 1997. Putnam employees securing three of the four top spots; Retirement of Marvin Brown, president of Penguin USA; How Brown's duties have been divided up between Susan Petersen and Elaine Koster;...