MORE THAN JUST ALPHABET SOUP: PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- ASFSA prioritizes issues, prepares for DC conference. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;08/11/97, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p18
Reports on issues that the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) plans to prioritize at the annual Legislative Action Conference in January 1998. Reauthorization of programs such as nutrition-educational training; Expansion of school nutrition programs; Other requests of the ASFSA.
- ASFSA celebrates golden anniversary. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p45
Reports on the American School Food Service Association's (ASFSA) celebration of its 50th anniversary in Houston, Texas during its 1996 national conference.
- ASFSA (now SNA) Celebrates at Annual Confab. // Food Management;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p14
This article focuses on developments in food industry. The American School Food Service Association is no more. That news incongruously prompted peals of delight from more than 5,000 members attending the kickoff session of the organization's 58th Annual National Conference in Indianapolis in...
- PORTION SIZES PINPOINTED: Surgeon general challenges foodservice to combat obesity. // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Reports that U.S. Surgeon General David Satcher has called on the public to pressure the food service industry to reduce menu food portion sizes and address health problems caused by obesity. Reaction of the industry; Total number of obesity-related deaths in the U.S.; Information on several...
- inbrief. // Food Management;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p14
This article presents information on recent developments related to food industry. David Davidson, formerly executive director of Yale University Dining Services, has joined the Back Bay Restaurant Group as vice president of operations. Middlebury College has promoted Associate Dining Services...
- WITH FOOD INDUSTRY SUPPORT: ASFSA tackles hunger. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
Reports that the American School Food Service Association in the United States is collaborating with the World Food Program in Rome, Italy and some food industry partners on a global campaign on hunger. Names of the industry partners; Goal of the collaboration.
- Educating Youth About Global Hunger. // Association Management;May2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the Going Global program of the American School Food Service Association, which seeks to provide information about the causes, solutions and effects of world hunger. Number of lives claimed each day by hunger; Groups which launched the Going Global program in 2001; Information...
- ASFSA creates recipe database for school foodservice operators. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p16
Reports the launching of an online database of recipes by the American School Foodservice Association in Alexandria, Virginia.
- SEEING A NEW FACILITY IN ACTION: Louisville school dist. hosts ASFSA 'major cities' confab. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the 2001 'Major Cities' meeting of the American School Food Service Association in Louisville, Kentucky. Comments of attendees on the facility of the host, Jefferson City Public School District in Louisville; Topics discussed in the meeting.