MAKING STRIDES IN INTEGRATION: AUTOMATED INVENTORY
- Ice Pro automatic. Fernberg, Pat // Food Management;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p94
Ice Pro automatic ice bagging and dispensing system from Follet Corp. stores as much as 1000 pounds of ice and automatically dispenses cube ice directly into bags and other receptacles. An automatic agitation cycle prevents ice bridges. Two agitator bars keep ice free-flowing.
- SUPPLIES SHOWROOM. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p88
Presents updates on several items used in food service as of October 15, 2002. Camtrays from Cambro; FastPic4 inventory management and control software from FastPic Systems; TN Series of professional two-way radios from Motorola.
- FOODSERVICE GETS ITS TURN: Ohio hosp. eyes robotics to pave way for central retherm. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p34
Deals with the Automated Transport System (ATS) of the food service department of Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus, which will be launched in 2004. Capabilities expected from the ATS system; Benefits of the ATS system when it becomes operational.
- The benefits of retail automation systems. Masse, Peter J. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;1/22/96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, Small Biz p11
Reports on the importance of inventory control and the use of computer inventory systems by retailers who want to remain competitive. Benefits of using point-of-sale systems; Inventory control process.
- Supermarkets: Breaking new automation ground. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Dec94, Vol. 70 Issue 12, Approaching Inventory... p14
Reports on the findings of a survey concerning supermarket retailers' inventory management programs. Investment in technology; Opportunity for greater efficiencies; Employment of scanning at point-of-sale; Procurement of price information; Schedules for performing inventories; Periodic cycle...
- Heat seal pots for Baby Chef. // Packaging Magazine;9/9/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p17
The article informs that baby food manufacturer Baby Chef, of Portsmouth, turned to Packaging Automation Ltd. for equipment following a decision to move its range of products into heat sealed pots for the first time. The entry-level machine features quick and easy toolchange that can be achieved...
- Demands on production increase. Zegler, Jennifer // Beverage Industry;Mar2010, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p64
The article reports on the move of equipment manufacturers to develop an advanced solutions to incorporate functional ingredients to beverage products. Admix Inc. offers an in-line Fastfeed unit to allow for a continuous powder suction as the viscosity and solids level increase. The Siemens...
- DESIGN REVIEW AND EQUIPMENT STARTUP CHECKLIST. McKew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p28
The article presents design review and equipment startup checklist of kitchen and dishwasher exhaust fans. It evaluates the product on various aspects like electrical inspection, electrical installation as per contract drawings and specification, distribution to and from equipment, and automatic...
- Applying vendor-managed inventory to the apparel industry. Schenck, Jean; McInerney, John // Automatic I.D. News;May98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p36
Reports on the potential application of vendor-managed inventory programs in the United States apparel industry. Improvement of inventory management; Supplier management of inventories at retailer locations; Increase in the popularity of micro-merchandising.