BRING NEW LIFE TO RECIPES WITH: NEW SPICE PERSPECTIVES
- The Old World flavor of cumin sparks today's menus. Blake, Kathy // Nation's Restaurant News;01/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on the uses of the spice, cumin in enhancing dishes with an Old World appeal. Use of the spice in the brie quesadillas of chef Guy Gorsky at the Heidel House in Wisconsin; Indian curries containing the spice created by David Page, owner of the Home Drovers Tap Room in New York City.
- The seasoned approach. Robinson, Rachel // National Provisioner;Apr98, Vol. 212 Issue 4, p44
Highlights how the use of seasonings can add flavor and enhance your meat and poultry meals. Reference to a Home-Meal-Replacement program; Statistical information from the American Spice Trade Association regarding the consumption of spices; Comments from Allan Himmelstein, vice president of...
- Hot & spicy. Lamalle, Cecile // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan94, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p82
Features recipes of hot and spicy cookery. Tequila shrimp with firecracker rice; Mediterranean stuffed trout; Grilled salmon with jalapeno pepper butter; Hot and spicy pork chops; Chicken-broccoli salad; Golden Thai veal ragout; Honey cumin glaze for Cornish game hens; Jamaican jerk steak; More.
- Taste buds awaken! Napier, Kris; Stanten, Michele // Prevention;Feb97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p106
Recommends ways to spice up food. Flavored sauce for broiled fish; Whole-grain options; Spicing up vegetables; The best ways to reviving frozen vegetables. INSET: February market report..
- Warm Fennel-and-Bitter Greens Salad. Parisi, Grace // Food & Wine;Jul2008, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p180
A recipe for Warm Fennel-and-Bitter Greens Salad is presented.
- FlRESIDE CHILI. // Better Homes & Gardens;Oct2009, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p226
A recipe for fireside chili is presented.
- A La Cart. Stein, Joshua David // Out;Nov2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p44
A recipe for the Indian seasoning Chaat Masala is presented.
- The Spice Is Right. // Shape;Oct2013, p96
The article discusses a report which has found that adding spices including paprika, garlic salt, and oregano to food can make people feel satiated and make them eat less food.
- SPICE UP YOUR LIFE. // New Moon;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p25
Presents recipes for spicy dishes.