IN TOP SCHOOL FOODSERVICE POST: Suzanne Biermann appointed to USDA
- USDA Offers Schools Additional Beef Options. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;3/16/2012, p5
The article announces the plan of the U.S. Department of Agriculture to offer more choices to schools in the National School Launch Programs regarding purchases of ground beef products.
- Farmland preservation program moves forward. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/4/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p6
The article announces that Kent, Michigan's Purchase of Development Rights program could grow in 2013 as the Kent County commissioners agreed to proceed with purchasing the development rights of 112 acres in Grattan and Sparta townships. It says that the Commissioners took a decisive 13-4 vote...
- How to buy beef. Oros, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov94, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p74
Offers advice on how to buy beef. Explanation for green meat terminology; Insight into the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Yield Grade on beef; Effect of temperature on beef quality; Beef cuts.
- USDA to buy up to $13M in canned pink salmon. // Farm & Dairy;9/11/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 51, pB32
The article reports on the plan of U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) to buy $13 million worth of in canned pink salmon.
- Attn: School foodservice directors and other commodity purchasers. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p106
Highlights food purchases of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Includes cases of frozen apricots and canned pear halves; Canned sliced and diced peaches; Canned of cherries and bonus raisins; Dried pitted prunes and prune puree.
- The Beat. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Mar2007, Vol. 115 Issue 3, pA129
The article offers environmental health news briefs. As of February 2007, France passed a nonsmoking bill, which bans smoking in public places including government offices and museums. Private contractors in the District of Columbia will be required to build according to the Leadership in Energy...
- Twelve new biobased categories proposed. // Western Farm Press Exclusive Insight;6/13/2012, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture has proposed the addition of 12 biobased product categories to become eligible for a BioPreferred designation or Federal procurement preference. This is in line with President Obama's directive to increase the purchase of biobased...
- FEDERAL PROCUREMENT OF BIOBASED PRODUCTS. // In Business;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
In mid-December 2003, the U.S. Department of Agriculture announced publication of a proposed rule to implement the Federal Procurement of Bio-based Products program. The provision requires Federal agencies to purchase bio-based products that meet price, availability and performance standards;...
- Attn: School foodservice directors and other commodity purchasers. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p78
Reports on the farm product purchases by the United States Department of Agriculture for school food service operations. Includes pork purchases aimed at helping bolster prices; Regular frozen pork purchases; Completion of purchases of pasteurized eggs; Purchases of apple slices, cherries,...