HOW COLLEGE FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING
- Geared to age-groups: Penn State introduces new 5-star nutrition ratings. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports on University Park-based Penn State University's introduction of a `five-star' rating system to help students identify five key nutrients in their food selections. Posting of the five-star system on the menus.
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: PENN STATE BRAND UPDATE RECORDS $9K DAILY BOOST. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p24
Presents updates on the renovation of University Park, Pennsylvania-based Penn State University's HUB student union which combine national, manufacturer and in-house brands. Background of the conversion of the operation; Aims of the renovation; Status of the facility employment; Remarks from HUB...
- Penn. St. Debuts new Foodcourt. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p18
Informs about the opening of the foodcourt at the Pennsylvania State University's main campus in University Park. Completion date for first phase of a two-part expansion of cash-operations; Food service areas including Casa Ortega by Nestle, Piccalilli's salad operation, and Chat's coffee bar.
- Penn State's Union Street roll-out: New union concepts set. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Pennsylvania State University's Union Street's launching of a student union cafeteria in August 1998.
- LUNCH AND DINNER COUNTS RISE: Cook-to-order a draw at Michigan St. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the success of the made-to-order food stations created by the food service team at the Michigan State University in East Lansing. Comments from Bruce Haskell, food service coordinator for University Housing; Impetus for the creation of made-to-order stations; Range of cuisine offered...
- MSU farm's beef served on campus. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Jul2011, p36
The article reports on the move Michigan State University (MSU) to bring beef produced on MSU farms to restaurants and cafeterias throughout campus.
- The great grape debate. // Food Management;Jan1998, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the referendum held by the Harvard Dining Services on whether grapes should be served on the menu in Harvard Dining Halls in Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Details of the previous ban on grapes being served in Harvard; Reaction by some students to the return of...
- Taking Harvard dining to next level with `Preferred Futuring'. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/27/98, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p37
Features the `Preferred Futuring' dining program implemented at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Change in menu offerings; Management approach used in the university's Dining Services department; Mission statement of the program.
- Thanks mom! // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p61
Reports on the response to a program launched by the Harvard University's Dining Services which requested recipes from families to be integrated in the service's menu offerings. Number of recipes received by the service; Promotion of the menus.