SALES NEAR $1 MIL. YEARLY: New facility adds catering capacity to Univ. of Maine
- Screaming on the Black Bears. Souza, Pete // Yankee;Jan94, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the popularity of the University of Maine's hockey team Black Bears among students. Children's high esteem for the players; Children's interest in playing hockey; People's special relationship with the hockey team; Linkage between the Orono Youth Hockey Association and the Black...
- Maine events. Walters, John; McCallum, Jack // Sports Illustrated;3/7/94, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p15
Looks at some problems at the athletic department at the University of Maine. NCAA violations that will probably cause the university's hockey, football, women's cross-country, field hockey and women's indoor track teams to forfeit all the victories they had gained up to a certain point in the...
- Back on top. Murphy, Austin // Sports Illustrated;2/27/95, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p74
Celebrates the Maine Black Bears college hockey team, once called the finest hockey team ever. Their resurgence as a top team again. Their poor record in the 1994 season; How six players were lost to the U.S. national team; How others were found academically ineligible; How in the 1995 season...
- The college for antique jewelry knowledge. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;May97, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p13
Highlights the 18th Annual Antique and Period Jewelry and Gemstone Conference to be held at the University of Maine, Orono. Schedule of the conference; How the Jewelry Camp benefit the beginning or expert jewelry collector.
- Building the virtual campus bit by bit: World Wide Web development at the University of Maine. McLeod, Jennifer; White, Michael // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p45
Discusses the work of the task force formed at the University of Maine assigned to develop a campus World Wide Web hypertext system dubbed UMaine Web. Evolution of the task force; Home page model types reviewed by the task force; Implementation; Project assessment.
- Top-quality Web presence offers appeal, consistency, and current information. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p46
Describes the home page model used by the task force formed at the University of Maine to develop a campus World Wide Web hypertext system dubbed UMaine Web. Integration of the brochure and the hierarchical models.
- Jon Lewis: Adding Value to Campus Services. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p22
Profiles Jon Lewis, executive director of student auxiliary services at the University of Maine in Orono, Maine. Background of Lewis; Responsibilities of food service directors; Work philosophy of Lewis.
- Reg Cardinal's breakaway. Taylor, Peter Shawn // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/9/95, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p34
Reports that in mid-December 1994 Alberta-born Reg Cardinal of the University of Maine, one of three Albertans on the Black Bears, helped his team defeat the St. Cloud University Huskies of Minnesota and maintain their undefeated record, the best in U.S. college hockey. Why he left Alberta; His...
- Continuing your education online. // Point of Beginning;Sep97, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p12
Announces the Orono, Maine-based University of Maine's offer of the surveying course Writing Effective Property Descriptions online. Course content; Contact information.