WITH CONTRACTORS' HELP: Chicago schools step-up f/s scrutiny following expose
- How to Be a Good Covered-Dish Neighbor. // Guideposts;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p80
The article presents suggestions on how to offer a good cover dish to one's neighbor.
- To Keep Food Safe, Serve It Safe. Hernandez, Jorge // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug2001, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p80
Presents guidelines on food safety education in the United States. Proper food holding guidelines for hot and cold foods; Food safety practices; Guidelines for servers; Guidelines for kitchen staff.
- Food Safety: Develop Your Bragging Rights. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Aug2000, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p56
Gives advice on how a food service operator can convey his food safety commitment to customers. Certification of the foodservice operators in Maryland; Investment in training programs for the employees; Integration of a food safety philosophy in the marketing campaign of Legal Sea Foods. ...
- THE FINER POINTS OF: Food receiving, storing. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p156
Focuses on safe receiving and storage of food in the food service industry. Importance of temperature in ensuring the freshness of food; Problems with peak period deliveries; Inventory control through the first-in, first out basis.
- POP QUIZ WITH PROFESSORS HALE AND HEARTY. // Jack & Jill;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p18
A quiz concerning food safety is presented.
- PART OF MARKETING EFFORTS: COMMUNICATING SAFETY. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p129
Highlights the importance of sharing food safety and sanitation standards and procedures to food services staff. Reason for the inclusion of food safety in marketing programs; Use of representative logs in food safety inspections; Importance of cleanliness to food presentation.
- Grading Systems for Retail Food Facilities: A Risk-Based Analysis. Seiver, Owen H.; Hatfield, Thomas H. // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct2000, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p22
Abstract Grading systems for retail food facilities have become a heated topic of debate among health professionals. Perceptions may vary with the individual players, which include environmental health agencies, retail food operators, and the general public. The underlying purpose of a grading...
- COMMENTS FROM THE CATERER AND HOTELKEEPER GROUP ON UNKEDIN. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/6/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4722, p18
The author comments on whether the food hygiene rating system of a restaurant affects a customer's decision to eat in that establishment.
- A time for change? Tong, Jennifer // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p78
Focuses on the certification and training programs for food service managers and employees in the United States. Importance of certification programs to food safety; Reinforcement of educational training received by food service managers and employees; Training of health inspectors overseeing...