SERVED BY EXEC. CHEF: Foodservice team helps hosp. lift kids' spirits with meals
- PA Agency Readies $270M For Children's Hospital. Burton, Paul // National Mortgage News;10/10/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p22
The article reports that the Philadelphia Hospitals and Higher Education Facilities Authority will negotiate the 270 million dollars sale of tax-exempt and fixed rate bonds that will aid the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia project in Philadelphia.
- Study: Payment system hurts kids' hospitals. // AHA News;03/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p2
Unveils the result of a study conducted by the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia which shows that children's hospitals are at a financial disadvantage compared with general hospitals. Information on children treated for a common condition at both children's and general hospitals;...
- Philly hospital thrives thanks to doc ties. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;04/09/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p32
Presents information on Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Increase in outpatient visits and admissions to the hospital in the fiscal year that ended June 30, 1999; Revenue earned by the hospital in 1999 and 2000; Strategy used by the hospital that contributed to its success.
- Best Children's Hospitals: The Honor Roll. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;6/13/2014, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p14
The article lists the "U.S. News" 10 Best Children's Hospitals Honor Roll along with information on their points and specialties including the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center and Children's Hospital Colorado, Aurora.
- Hospital hit for hiring AHERF physicians. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;11/09/98, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p4
Focuses on the penalty imposed by a United States bankruptcy court against Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania for contempt of court. Violation of the hospital in hiring doctors from its rival Saint Christopher's Hospital for Children Details on the case.
- Potential Treatment Discovered for Heterotopic Ossification. // O&P Almanac;Jun2011, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p12
The article offers information on a study regarding the use of vitamin A-derived agents to cure heterotopic ossification (HO), conducted by Children's Hospital of Philadelphia scientists that was published at "Nature Medicine."
- Hospital forming clinical research unit for children. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;10/5/98, Vol. 142 Issue 19, p48
Reports on the establishment of a clinical research organization, the Children's Clinical Research Institute (CCRI) created by the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania. Aim of the clinical research organization; Comments from William Greeley, M.D., director of the CCRI;...
- 'PACT' offers a shining example of pediatric palliative care. MALAMUD, MATTHEW // AHA News;8/18/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p5
The article announces that the Pediatric Advanced Care Team (PACT) of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was one of the recipients of the American Hospital Association (AHA) Circle of Life Award at AHA and Health Forum Leadership Summit in San Diego, California.
- When Children Cannot Describe Pain. J. O. // School Health Alert;Oct2011, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p7
The article provides information on a research conducted by a team of nurses from the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia which confirmed that children with neurological impairments or development delays are at a higher risk for under treatment of pain.