FOOD SUPPLY IS MORE NUTRITIOUS
- Healthier Turns. Major, Meg // Progressive Grocer;Feb2014, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p122
The article discusses the healthy eating trend of American adults, based on the U.S. Department of Agriculture Economic Service report. The report showed that an average working adult consumed 78 less calories a day, which was a 6 percent reduction in fat-based calorie consumption within 2005 to...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/17/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 116, p36160
The article presents the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Economic Research Service's notice of intent to request approval for a new information collection towards a survey on the provision of rural community wealth and medical care. It mentions the meeting notice of the Food and...
- Organic Farming. Polacek, Kelly Myer; Diekmann, Florian // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Spring2013, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p197
The article presents a collection of resources, both traditional and electronic, pertaining to research into organic farming practices including the U.S. government website Organic Agriculture, located at (www.ers.usda.gov/topics/ natural-resources-environment/organic-agriculture.aspx, from the...
- Industrial uses of agricultural materials. // BioCycle;Feb97, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the report `Industrial Uses of Agricultural Materials' published by the Economic Research Service of the US Department of Agriculture. Examination of agricultural commodities such as starches and sugars; fats and oils, animal products and specialty plant products; Multiple uses for...
- Economic research service falls victim to agency cuts. // American Nurseryman;11/15/94, Vol. 180 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the budgetary cuts imposed to the United States Department of Agriculture's (AD) Economic Research Service. Impact to the nursery industry; Investigation of fraud in the AD.
- Green industry stats. // American Nurseryman;12/15/93, Vol. 178 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the USDA Economic Research Service's release of a report that provides an overview of farm-business financial performance in the United States green industry.
- alert. Crawford, Alan Pell // Vegetarian Times;Feb2006, Issue 338, p52
This article discusses studies related to nutrition among poor people in the U.S. According to a February 2005 study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service, poor kids' diet is not affected by income. If the key factor in poor kids' nutrition is school breakfast and...
- Recent Reports From USDA's Economic Research Service. // FoodReview;Sep-Dec99, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p40
Offers information on the reports released by the United States Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service as of September 1999. `A Dietary Assessment of the U.S. Food Supply,' by Linda Scott Kantor; `America's Eating Habits: Changes and Consequences,' edited by Elizabeth Frazao;...
- ERS Releases New Electronic Report on the U.S. Food Marketing System. // FoodReview;Summer2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p43
Discusses the findings of a report of the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture on the U.S. food marketing system released in 2002. Scope of the report; Trends observed in the U.S. food marketing system; Changes in buyer-seller relationships.