PORTION SIZES PINPOINTED: Surgeon general challenges foodservice to combat obesity
- MORE THAN JUST ALPHABET SOUP: PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p100
Presents information on credentialing, certification and recognition programs of several food service organizations in the U.S. Details of the American School Food Service Association's main programs; Number of levels of recognition from the American Society of Healthcare Food Service...
- ASFSA (now SNA) Celebrates at Annual Confab. // Food Management;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p14
This article focuses on developments in food industry. The American School Food Service Association is no more. That news incongruously prompted peals of delight from more than 5,000 members attending the kickoff session of the organization's 58th Annual National Conference in Indianapolis in...
- inbrief. // Food Management;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p14
This article presents information on recent developments related to food industry. David Davidson, formerly executive director of Yale University Dining Services, has joined the Back Bay Restaurant Group as vice president of operations. Middlebury College has promoted Associate Dining Services...
- WITH FOOD INDUSTRY SUPPORT: ASFSA tackles hunger. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
Reports that the American School Food Service Association in the United States is collaborating with the World Food Program in Rome, Italy and some food industry partners on a global campaign on hunger. Names of the industry partners; Goal of the collaboration.
- Satcher opponents vow senate fight. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;02/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p48
Reports that due to David Satcher's views on abortions conservatives tried to derail his nomination for surgeon general. United States President Bill Clinton's veto of the partial-birth abortion ban.
- CDC director. // Ebony;Jan1994, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p80
Profiles Dr. David Satcher, former president of Meharry Medical College and CEO of Meharry/Hubbard Hospital, who now leads the world's premier epidemiological organization--the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His reputation for confronting controversy head-on; His frank approach to...
- Frequently Asked Questions About Anthrax. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);11/12/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p4
Interviews U.S. Surgeon General David Satcher on anthrax.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Anthrax. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);11/12/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p8
Presents facts about anthrax, according to United States Surgeon General David Satcher.
- Call your senator: Stop Satcher! // Human Events;02/06/98, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p7
Calls on Americans to make their opinions known concerning the confirmation of David Satcher as surgeon general and assistant secretary for health at the US Department of Health and Human Services. Background on Satcher; Telephone numbers to call in various states.