INDUSTRY UPDATE: CONSOLIDATION FORCES CHANGE
- Private Equity Behind Bevy Of Food Deals. // Food Logistics;Jul/Aug2011, Issue 131, p12
The article reports on the increased number of merger and acquisition activity for the first half of 211 which is reportedly attributed to the closed deals in the food industry through June 2011.
- Natural Progressions. Swientek, Bob // Prepared Foods;Nov99, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p11
Looks at the merger of mainstream food manufacturers and natural food processors in the United States. Benefits of the mergers to the companies involved; Financial status of the companies before the mergers.
- Ripe for picking. Wyman, Vic // Food Manufacture;Sep2003, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p49
Explores the factors that might affect merger and acquisition activity in the food industry and trade as consolidation accelerates and more entrepreneurs see opportunities in a sector that can offer good returns in Great Britain. Reason that makes the food and drink sector attractive to equity...
- Merger mania. Lewis, Len // Progressive Grocer;Mar98, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p9
Provides information on the status of merger and acquisition activities in the food industry of the United States. Vision for the growth of the acquisition market globally; Certainty that acquisition activities in the United States would accelerate through leverage buyouts.
- Food company interest in M&A to continue to climb - EY. Best, Dean // Aroq - Just-Food.com (Global News);7/22/2014, p1
A post is presented regarding mergers in the food industry.
- Get a taste of the global food market. // Food Manufacture;Feb2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p58
Informs on 'The acquisition report--trends and directions,' published by Letherhead Food International, detailing information about global food industry consolidation.
- Food Companies Take a Slice of a Shrinking Pie. Sauer, Pamela // Chemical Market Reporter;6/25/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 26, pFR3
Discusses the impact on profitability of mergers and acquisition activity in the United States food industry. Value of food mergers and acquisitions between 2000 and 2001; Factors driving the food group's outperformance in 2000; Key factors to 2001 profitability; Value of brand investment and...
- Tales from Wall St. Swientek, Bob // Prepared Foods;Oct99, Vol. 168 Issue 10, p11
Offers observations on the merger trend in food industry in Wall Street, New York City, New York. Belief of many analysts about the mergers; Possible merger scenarios being bantered about; Why companies involved in merger or acquisition talks often issue denials.
- Consolidation Impact Goes Both Ways. Robinson, Alan // Food Logistics;9/15/2002, Issue 53, p34
Focuses on the impact of consolidation and mergers of food companies on warehousing and reverse logistics operators in the U.S. Warehousing practices used in forward logistics adapted by logistic operators; Difficulty of finding large and available locations for warehousing; Advantage of...