IN ACCEPTING CAMPUS CARD: GEORGIA SOUTHERN ENLISTS LOCAL RETAILERS
- Nest of Treats. // Food Management;Dec2012, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the use of Georgia Southern University of temporary campus dining facility as its two dining halls were closed for reconstruction, the Langdrum and Lakeside.
- The Eyes Have It. // Food Management;Jan2014, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the use of eye scanning technology by Georgia Southern University as of January 2014. It mentions the procedure of using the eye scanner in dinning halls of the university including eye scanning for validating meal plan holders, comparing unique iris patterns and unlocking...
- Miracle at Eagle Creek. Heath, D. // Southern Living;Sep90, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p16r
Traces events leading to the success of The Eagles who have sprinted past the I-AA football elite, winning three national championships in the last five years. Charismatic coach Erk Russell's work with the team; How Georgia Southern has fared better academically.
- They said it. O'Brien, Richard; McCallum, Jack // Sports Illustrated;1/10/94, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p12
Quotes Frank Kerns, coach of Georgia Southern basketball after the team's 80-76 loss to Cornell. His disparaging remarks about himself and his team.
- Georgia Southern largest employer in 9-county area. // Georgia Trend;Apr97, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p98
Profiles the Georgia Southern University (GSU) in Statesboro, Georgia. Rate of growth of the university; Construction projects at the university; Estimated number of students.
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.