NEW PARTICIPATION STRATEGY: U-Georgia lures commuters
- Just in Time for the Holidays... // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on University of Georgia Food Services department's creation of a cookbook featuring the best catering recipes of its holiday luncheons. Showcase of the culinary talents of the catering staff at the Athens, Georgia-based university; Price.
- The Niche Fills Niche for New UGA Campus. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p17
The article focuses on the opening of the Niche all you-can-eat dining hall at the University of Georgia in Athens (UGA) which attracts students from the main campus because of its cozier dining atmosphere.
- Georgia's res hall pizza concept migrates to retail. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/20/2016, p2
The article reports that the University of Georgia in Athens (UGA) has created the Niche Pizza Co., a hearth oven pizza concept, in its renovated Bulldog CafÃ© food court in the Tate Student Center.
- Meals up in the Village. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on the operations of a campus dining facility called East Village Commons at the University of Georgia. Impact of the dining facility on meal plan participation at the university; Components of the dining facility; Major factor attributed to its success.
- Marketer Extraordinaire. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p28
Reports on University of Georgia foodservice director J. Michael Floyd's improvement of the university food service's marketing program. Importance of marketing to the university's food service program; Scope of the university's marketing efforts; Major accomplishments.
- Biometric time-keeping at U of GA. // Food Management;Aug2005, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p15
Reports that the University of Georgia has updated its time-keeping technology to include biometrics scanners that dining services employees use to clock in and out. Statement of university director of food services Mike Floyd on the benefits of the technology; Features of the installed...
- Georgia Kicks Off Round-the-Clock Dining. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the opening of Snelling Dining Hall, the first round-the-clock dining operation of the University of Georgia in Athens. According to food service director Mike Floyd, the shift is in response to student demand for increased service hours. Floyd notes that in the hours...
- UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA, BOLTON COMMONS. // American School & University;Aug2015, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the interior design of University of Georgia's Bolton Commons campus center and dining commons in Athens, Georgia which was designed by architectural firm Bruner/Cott and Associates Inc.
- Food for Thought. Klein, Alana // University Business;Jul2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p59
Deals with the food service business at various universities and colleges in the U.S. Efforts of the Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah to make its food service operations competitive; Amount generated by the University of Georgia in 2003 from its food service business; Approach of the...