GROWING CAMBODIAN POPULATION: Agency sets new menu for seniors
- Median dietary intake lower in elderly minorities. Dale, David C.; Federman, Daniel D. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the report of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey III regarding the findings of lower median energy, dietary and mineral intakes in elderly Afro-American minorities.
- French old people enjoy most lavish meals service in Europe. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/19/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4240, p6
Deals with the meals on wheels programs for the elderly in France. Favorite meals served to the elderly in Europe.
- Citymeals Effort Tops Million Mark. // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb99, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the number of meals that were delivered to homebound seniors in the United States in 1998 by Citymeals-on-Wheels USA. Information on Citymeals; Amount collected by the group in 1998.
- IDEALS ON WHEELS. // Town & Country;Jun2007, Vol. 161 Issue 5325, p54
The article provides information on Citymeals-on-Wheels program launched by the Rainbow Coalition to deliver healthy food to New York's homebound elderly.
- Nutrition programs are helping at-risk elderly, evaluators discover. // Nation's Health;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the effectiveness of federal nutrition programs for the elderly. Evaluation of the elderly nutrition programs of the Older Americans Act; Public-private partnerships that unite local communities to better serve a growing aging population; Success of congregate and home-delivered...
- The Interrelationships of Nutritional Risk Factors, Indicators of Nutritional Risk, and Severity of Disability Among Home-Delivered Meal Participants. Sharkey, Joseph R. // Gerontologist;Jun2002, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p373
Examines the direct and indirect relationships between individual components of nutritional risk and increased severity of disability among a diverse sample of homebound older adults. Model of nutritional risk and disability for home-delivered meal participants; Statistics of study variables of...
- Meals-on-Wheels launches 'March For Meals' campaign. Patterson, Whitney // Ellis County Press;3/8/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p10
The article reports on the launch of the 'March for Meals' campaign by Meals-on-Wheels of Johnson and Ellis Counties in Texas with an aim to feed homebound seniors in the community.
- Senior Citizens reaches out to community for help. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);11/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p4
The article focuses on the efforts to search for volunteers for the home delivery program of Donley County Senior Citizen in Texas. Volunteers are needed to deliver meals to its patrons or drive the delivery van. Nonmembers can volunteer for the program provided that they are within the age...
- Increase in elderly puts pressure on meals on wheels. Harris, David // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/19/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4240, p6
Reports the increased demand for meals on wheels programs for the elderly in Great Britain, based on the Advisory Body for Social Services Catering conference on September 12, 2002. Demand for social services; Social development issues.