Can you keep your head?
- How to: Beat the exam blues and survive. Smuts, Elsabe // Lantern;Oct92, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p62
Provides suggestions on how to beat stress during examinations. Differences between overstressed and understressed; What to do before the exams; Tips to remember on the examination day. INSETS: Do.;Don't..
- Effects of Academic Examination Stress on Eating Behavior and Blood Lipid Levels. Pollard, Tessa M.; Steptoe, Andrew; Canaan, Lynn; Davies, G. Jill; Wardle, Jane // International Journal of Behavioral Medicine;1995, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p299
Assesses the influence of stress of academic examinations on the eating behavior and lipid profiles among university students in London, England. Deterioration in emotional well-being during examinations; Increase in the perceived stress at the examination sessions; Reduction of energy intake...
- Effects of an educational intervention on the stress of a first gynecological exam. Sawyer, Robin G.; Pincaro, Paul J.; Anderson-Sawyer, Anne // American Journal of Health Studies;1998, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the role of educational programs in reducing stress levels concerning a first gynecological exam. Discussion of timely pap and pelvic exams' importance; Value of pre-examination educational interventions; Importance of developing personal commitments to maintain sound reproductive...
- How compliant is compliant? Evaluating adherence with breast self-exam positions. Stevens, Vivian M.; Hatcher, Joseph W. // Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Oct94, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p523
Examines the compliance with the three recommended breast self-examination (BSE) positions. Behavioral measure providing information about the type of exam performed during each BSE occasion; Description of the self-examinations; Recommendations for breast cancer screening.
- A case of test-a-phobia. // U+S+ Kids;Apr/May94, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p38
Presents a child's question on the nervousness he experiences when taking a test. Answers from Alex, Christina, Sasha and Sam.
- Another brick in the wall: Horror of tests not forgotten. W.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/26/97, Vol. 201 Issue 4, p20
Editorial. Comments on formal tests that inflicts tortures to anybody's school life. Help from books and teacher's teaching; Reasons for incomprehension; Feeling of worthlessness resulting from tricky questions; Applications in business.
- Personality traits can tangibly affect grade. Goldman, Nikkie // San Diego Business Journal;8/7/95, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p25
Discusses how anxiety and study attitudes can affect performance during tests and examinations. Objectives of professional examinations; Percentage of applicants who passed the California real estate sales examinations; Advantages of a relaxed mind.
- Relation between order of completion and performance on timed examinations. Wierzbicki, Michael // Psychological Reports;Apr94, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p411
Examines the relationship between time or order of completion and test performance. Study of 116 students of Developmental Psychology and Behavior Problems of Children; Lack of consistent relation between time of completion and test performance.
- Examination dreams. Halliday, G. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct93, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p489
Studies students' examination dreams. Typical examination dream reflecting a fear of an anticipated event rather than just a memory and reassurance of a past one; Examination as a success when the dream was one of past supporting the reassurance interpretation.