Coping strategies for your horse life
- Fear Factor: TURN IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. Meyer, Jennifer Forsberg; Zdenek, Paula // Horse & Rider;Jul2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p46
Presents strategies on dealing with fear while riding horses. INSETS: Breakthrough Therapy for Fear;Safety Basics;Resources.
- Am I Ready to Move Up? Edgette, Janet // Practical Horseman;Oct2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p36
Presents a question and answer advisory on strategies in dealing with bad horse riding experiences. Accounts on personal strategy; Advice from a doctor; Accumulation of positive experiences; Importance of dealing fears upon horse riding.
- FACING YOUR FEARS. // Horse & Rider;Aug2011, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on the article "No-Fear Tool Kit," in the March 1995 issue of the periodical concerning horses which offers suggestion on how to face fears in riding.
- Austrian Eventer in Fatal Accident. // Horse Sport;Nov2010, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the deadly accidental fall suffered by 24-year-old Austrian event rider Sebastian Steiner during the Montelibretti International Horse Trials held in Italy on September 18, 2010.
- Finding My Courage. Lazarus, Lisa // Horse & Rider;Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p32
Presents an article about the fear of riding horses.
- How I Beat My Fear With Honesty: A Reader's Story. Burnham, Kim // Practical Horseman;Aug2003, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p18
Narrates author's experiences of how she beat her fear of horse riding with honesty.
- letters. Greenough, Juni; Schmidt-Hopper, Kate; King-Dye, Courtney // Dressage Today;Oct2010, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p13
Letters to the editor are presented including a letter from dressage Olympian Courtney King-Dye who had a riding accident in March 2010 and two letters reacting to the articles "Saddle Solutions for Para-Riders" and "Finding the Balance" published in the July 2010 issue.
- SAFETY Gets a Call-Back. Cooke, Sandra // Practical Horseman;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p134
Discusses the need to prevent an avoidable head and brain injuries from riding. Mandate of the Board of Directors of the U.S. Equestrian Federation for the use of a certified protective headgear for all riders competing in over-fences classes; Role of the use of helmet in reducing the incidence...
- SIZE MATTERS. // Ralph;Dec2007, p136
An interview with Australian surfer Ross Clarke-Jones is presented. When asked about a new spot in surfing, he mentioned that the biggest recorded wave is in the Bass Strait and he even visited it for three or four times to see it is really rideable. He mentioned breaking his back when he landed...