PSE rises after roller coaster week
- Odd bedfellows in tough times. Sergeant, Barry // Finance Week;2/3/2003, p23
Reports on the trading performance of private equity in the stock markets in South Africa. Investment alternatives for public equity fund managers; Introduction of a specialized small capitalization market; Form of financing business growth.
- Privatisation Spooks Equities. // Middle East Monitor: The Gulf;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p2
Reports the consequences of the planned privatization of the stock market in Saudi Arabia. Problems on domestic debt and recurring budget deficits; Details on the privatization plan; Concerns on oversupply of electrical power at the Saudi Electricity Co.
- Privatization boost, new BSE listings expected under Socialists. Nashaat, Dan; Fincziczki, B�la // Budapest Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p5
Reports the plan of the Hungarian Socialist Party to revitalize the privatization of state assets in Budapest, Hungary. Assistance to the stock exchange; Privatization of Postabank Rt; Exclusion of Lï¿½szlï¿½ to the potential targets of privatization.
- The birth of a new star? Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Jun98, Issue 233, p28
Looks at the potential of Africa's emerging markets. Definition of emerging markets according to the World Bank; Share of emerging markets in the world stock market capitalization; What globalization of financial markets offers to developing countries; Privatization programs in Africa; Overview...
- Stock Market. // Moldova Country Review;2011, p125
The article offers information on the stock market of Moldova in which various private banks as businesses are listed on the Moldova Stock Exchange.
- Egyptain markets will emerge again. Butter, David // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/10/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 28, p2
Presents information on the stock exchange market in Egypt with reference to a privatisation programme implemented by the government. Details on the programme; Introduction of an amendment to the tax law by government; Details on the t-bill. INSET: How the t-bill tax will work.
- Stock Market. // Zambia Country Review;2011, p108
The article offers information on the stock market of Zambia in which the total number of financial securities is anticipated to increase due to the heightened privatization of state owned businesses.
- Algeria. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/8/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p9
Reports on the progress of plans to set up an stock exchange in Algeria. Plans for a new privatization focusing on a list of 1,300 small and medium size companies.
- Algeria. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/18/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p8
Reports on Algerian government's plan to open a stock exchange in Algiers in 1997. Privatization program of the government for the year; Government's efforts to expand the role of the private sector in the economy.