CME and TV Nova square up for Slovak battle following skirmishes
- Add analysis, not sensationalism, to news. Champy // San Diego Business Journal;02/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p12
Presents suggestions for television networks and local stations in San Diego, California, to survive the competition in the broadcasting industry. Growth in newspaper publishing; Competition between television networks and 24-hour news channels; Emphasis on quality of news.
- FTA starts the year early. Alarcon, Camille // B&T Weekly;1/28/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2504, p7
Reports on the competition in the programming of commercial television networks in time for the new rating season in Australia. Expectation of the Seven Network to draw success from its showing of the U.S. hit "Desperate Housewives"; Presentation of reality/talent show genre in the programming...
- The News Triangle. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/31/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 30, p13
This article reports on the competition between cable television networks in North Carolina in attracting audience through its expanded news products and advanced digital offerings. Stations WRAL and WRAZ offers news in high-definition and programming on digital channels. WNCN has opened a new...
- Chief Challengers. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;1/12/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on issues related to the battle between television stations KMBC and KCTV in Kansas City, Texas. It states that the competition brings out the best in the market, as viewers turned to the stations when the nation's economy went into freefall. It explores the move of stations...
- CME finds home on TV3. Nadler, John // Variety;10/27/97, Vol. 368 Issue 12, p30
Highlights the Hungarian debut of the United States-backed Central European Media Enterprises Ltd. (CME) over the cable network TV3. Competitive television programming lineup; Failure of CME's terrestrial bid when the Magyar regulatory commission denied it a license; Reasons CME decided to...
- TV3 fumes at license Czechmate. Meils, Cathy // Variety;03/19/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 5, p24
Provides information on the difficulties experienced by international television (TV) companies in Czech Republic. Lawsuit filed by CME company against Czech Republic for compensation over the loss of television station Nova TV; Rejection on the license application of TV3 station; Allegations of...
- Southern Vitality. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 14, p19
Focuses on the booming television industry in the Tampa/Saint Petersburg region of Florida in 2004. Personnel changes in television stations; Action taken by WFTS station to boost its newscasts; Competition facing WFLA station's morning program "Today."
- HOW SHOULD WE DEVELOP BRITISH TELEVISION? Orr-Ewing, C. Ian; Cricks, R. Howard; Parr, Geoffrey // British Kinematography;May1951, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p152
The article focuses on the British television. The growth of U.S. television is defined by the number of television stations operating in the country. However, it is claimed that pictures received by British viewers are slightly better in quality than those received in the U.S. The importance of...
- Laying down the law in prime time. Coe, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 36, p15
Presents answers to queries on developments in the television industry in the United States. TV program competitions among stations; Assessment on the success of TV programs; TV programs' time slot to accommodate viewing time for children and adult.