Telecom courtships conserve mystery as new bidding contenders emerge
- Two consortia chosen for Telecom call. Halilović, Emir // Prague Business Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p3
Reports the formation of bidding consortia by the Czech Republic in line with the issue on Czech Telecom privatization. Leaders of the consortia; Strategic partners; Views of the government on the bidding.
- Telecom bidders clear first hurdle. Lesenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/21/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
Reports the screening of the bidders for the pending privatization of Czech Telecom in Prague, Czech Republic. Problems of the bidders; Failure of strategic investors to materialize; Reflection of the market conditions.
- Greek telco OTE bids for Czech Telecom. Lešenarova;, Hana // Prague Business Journal;3/4/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on issues related to the bidding of the mobile operator Czech Telecom in Czech Republic. Plan of Greek company OTE to join the business deal; Firms interested with the mobile operator; Expectation of the government from the investor.
- Telecom Mini tariff users left out. // Prague Business Journal;2/18/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p22
Reports the move of Czech Telecom to cancel the provision of call-by-call carrier selection services to its Home Mini tariff users in Czech Republic. Questions on the legality of the move; Fee for the Home Mini program; Offering of a free tariff change to the clients of the company.
- Telecom sale sees late show of strategic investors. Lešenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1
Reports the privatization of the dominant telecommunications operator Czech Telecom in the Czech Republic. Advantage of the company of being equal; Requirements for a strategic investor; Analysis of the business performance of the company.
- Alternative telcos take off the gloves. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;3/11/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p1
Reports the complaints of several telecommunication operators against Czech Telecom for allegedly violating laws on tariff programs in Prague, Czech Republic. Restriction of clients from using services of competing operators; Reaction of the public toward tariff programs; Effects of Home Mini...
- Alternative telcos call for CTU to rule on 'colored-line' charges. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Focuses on the disputes between telephone companies due to network interconnection charges offered by Czech Telecom for toll-free and tariff lines in Czech Republic. Plans to liberalize telecommunication market; Intervention of Czech Telecoms Office on the charges; Impact of the charges on the...
- CTU offers new conditions for UMTS licenses. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 42
Reports the offer of Czech Telecommunications Office for UMTS licenses in Czech Republic. Conditions for acquiring third-generation UMTS licenses; Changes in the payment methods; Requirement of a payment plan.
- High hopes dashed for alternative telcos on a difficult market. Lesenarova, Hana; Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p5
Reports on developments related to telecommunication in the Czech Republic, for the week ended November 18, 2001. Uncertainty about the future of Aliatel; Advantages of Czech Telecom over alternative operators; Foreign-owned telecom companies operating in the country.