time well spent
- The Look. // Photo District News;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p56
The article presents an introduction to a section of photographs, for the Look, Where Fashion Meets Art winners' gallery, published in this issue including photographer Roman Leo's editorial images for "Vestal Magazine," photographer Jamel Shabazz's images and Grand Prize winners.
- LUSH LIFE. // Interview;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p190
A number of fashion photographs inspired by the season of Spring are given.
- Seeing The Light. // Vogue;Mar2010, Vol. 200 Issue 3, p276
The article presents the author's views on photographer Irving Penn. He comments that he admired Penn's photographs before he knew him because of their penetrating strength. He remarks that Penn would always have his first conversation about a photograph with his close friend. He asserts that...
- TURNABOUT 2008. // DaKine;Jun2008, Issue 114, p18
Several photographs of the activities including 2008 TURNABOUT, CINCO DE MAYO 2008 and FASHIONISTA EXTRAVAGANZA 2008 are presented, along with highlights of the events.
- ELSA SCHIAPARELLI LE SHOCKING! Prose, Francine // Aperture;Fall2004, Issue 176, p42
Reviews the exhibition "Shocking!: The Art and Fashion of Elsa Schiaparelli," at the MusÃ©e de la Mode in Paris, France from March 17 to August 29, 2004.
- Accent is on whites and lights for warm weather. // Ebony;Apr1977, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p115
Two photographs are presented depicting various designs and colors of the 1977 spring and summer men's clothing.
- COMMERCIAL ARTISTS. // Creative Review;May2004, Vol. 24 Issue 5, 'Special section' p44
This article focuses a controversial show at New York's Museum of Modern Art exploring the uneasy relationship between fashion photography and art. This will be the first exhibition to be devoted to analysis of fashion photography. The show itself focuses on two aesthetic movements in fashion...
- Visions Of Reality. // Vogue;Sep2014, Vol. 204 Issue 9, p598
The article offers the author's insights on the relation between American photographer Irving Penn and Alexander Liberman, art director of "Vogue" magazine. It discusses the role of fashion ad couture concept as subject of Penn's photography. Moreover, it mentions the importance of their...
- Overheard. Kotur, Alexandra // Vogue;Jul2008, Vol. 198 Issue 7, p60
The article offers news briefs related to fashion. Artist photographer Ryan McGinley's annual cross-country sojourn is a week longer this year, with planned pit stops in Joshua Tree, California and White Sands, New Mexico. Fashion model Elettra Wiedemann is enlisting friends to design sketches...