- Government Tightens Grip on PKN Orlen. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;3/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p14
Reports that the Polish government has secured a number seats on the supervisory board of refining and petrochemicals producer PKN Orlen. Percentage of PKN owned by the government; Several companies in which the state holds stakes; Reason for PKN's dismissal of Chief Executive Officer Andrzej...
- PKN Orlen privatisation gets political. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;12/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2174, p6
The article focuses on the desire of Igor Chalupec, CEO for PKN Orlen, to make his firm fully privatised in opposition to the new government of Poland which wants to retain control of it. The performance of the firm was put under review by the new Treasury Minister Andrzej Mikosz. Chalupec said...
- Polish oil refiner PKN open to talks on fertilizer business sale. // Energy Today (Hungary);10/24/2013, p4
The article reports that oil refining company PKN Orlen intends to start negotiations with potential buyers of its fertilizer business in Poland.
- Unipetrol sharpens focus on petchems in 2013-17 strategy. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;6/17/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 17, p17
The article discusses the business operations and strategic planning of the Unipetrol AS subsidiary of the PKN Orlen SA refiner and petroleum chemicals producer as of June 2013, reporting that the company plans to increase its industrial capacity by 2017.
- MOL continues PKN bid despite setback. Broomfield, Leo // Warsaw Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 39, p3
Reports the intention of oil conglomerate MOL to bid for the privatization of oil company Polski Koncern Naftowy Orlen in Poland. Factors affecting the transactions; Importance of the sale on the revenue of the government; Speculation on the amount of the sale.
- Agrofert/PKN Orlen to bid together for Unipetrol stake. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/2/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2055, p8
Reports the joint bid of Agrofert and PKN Orlen for the stake on offer in the re-privatization of the Czech Republic's Unipetrol in June 2003. Letter of intent signed by PKN Orlen with Agrofert; Other acquisition interest of Agrofert; Other companies expressing interest in Unipetrol; Consortium...
- Treasury accused of being behind PKN Orlen boss investigation. Shockley, Paul // Prague Business Journal;2/18/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p17
Reports the issues concerning the privatization of the oil company Polski Koncern Naftowy Orlen (PKN Orlen) in Poland. Accusation against the Treasury Ministry in relation to the issue; Comments on the charges brought against the PKN Orlen chief executive officer (CEO) Andrzej Modrzejeski;...
- Czechs clear on Unipetrol deal. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the decision of Czech members of parliament regarding the privatization of Unipetrol petrochemicals and oil group. The parliament accepted a parliamentary commission's conclusion that the privatization scheme was not corrupt. The commission examined the sale of the state's...
- Final countdown. Fincziczki, Béla; Harries-Rees, Karen // European Chemical News;3/29/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2093, p22
Reports on the final due diligence checks conducted by several bidders for the privatization of Unipetrol in Czech Republic. Bids offered by PKN Orlen, Mol and Shell; Consortia with other strategic investors interested on the privatization made by potential buyers; Elimination of Tatneft and...