German radio giant Eurocast tunes into Czech market after Impuls buy
- Programming 2000: What's A PD To Do? Silberman, Jeff // Billboard;10/14/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 42, p101
Focuses on the changing roles of program directors at radio stations as a result of increased consolidation as of October, 2000. Responsibility of program directors to concentrate on more than one station; Discussion of competition among radio groups; Opinion that a successful radio station...
- HOT. // Advertising Age;11/26/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 49, pS-11
Reports on developments concerning the U.S. radio broadcasting industry as of November 26, 1990. Efforts made by radio stations to attract listeners; Consumer cycle marketing; Possible continuation of network consolidations; Popularity of national and local call-in shows.
- AUSTRALIAN TAKEOVERS: CAPITAL MARKET EFFICIENCY AND SHAREHOLDER RISK AND RETURN. Walter, Terry S. // Australian Journal of Management (University of New South Wales);Jun84, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p63
Abstract: This paper explains the share market's response to Australian takeover bids. Both successful and unsuccessful bids are considered. Two issues are addressed. Firstly, takeovers are viewed in terms of corporate investment decisions; the profitability of these decisions to the offeree...
- Making their marks. Davies, Caroline // Lawyer;1/21/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p20
Reports on the top rankings of international law firm mergers compiled by Thomson Financial Securities in Germany as of 2001. List of top ten German mergers and acquisition deals of the law firms; Value of the market share deals; Chart of completed/unconditional deals with German target.
- FreshInk. // U.S. Banker;Jan2004, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p11
Reports developments related to the banking industry in the U.S. Acquisition of Staten Island Bancorp by Independence Community Bank; Consolidation of Enterprise Bancshares; Increase of the market share of Harris Bank.
- To Merge or Not to Merge: The Legal Aspect. // Management Review;May65, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p35
Examines the legal implications of a merger between U.S. federal antitrust agencies and large companies in concentrated markets. Erosion of formerly distinct market levels; Effect of size of combined market shares of acquiring and acquired companies; Violation of Clayton Act.
- BRIEFLY. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Jun2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p13
Reports developments related to food industry and trade as of June 2000. Increase in the market shares by multiple retailers; Establishment of Manufacturing.Net LLC by Reed Elsevier PLC; Acquisition of El Rashid El Mizan Confectionary Factories by Bestfoods.
- 3Q 2002 THOMSON FINANCIAL M&A MARKET COMMENTARY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/14/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 39, p44
Presents several charts depicting mergers and acquisition rankings for the third quarter of the year 2002. Top financial advisers; Amount of the total market share of the real estate industry; Types of industry.
- The largest U.S. producers? 'Big 3' says it all. Lapham, Edward // Automotive News;12/4/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5906, p14
Opinion. Comments on large automobile companies in the United States. Synonymity of the term Big 3 with the automobile industry; Inclusion of General Motors, Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler Corp. in the original meaning of the term; Shift of the market share away from traditional North American...