Eurotel results fail to boost Telecom sale
- Telecom looks for Eurotel price relief. Lesenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Reports the pledge of Czech Telecom to pay for the remaining stake of Atlantic West BV subsidiary Eurotel in Czech Republic. Effects of the failure to buy Eurotel stocks on Telecom buyers; Impact of market volatility on sales negotiations; Privatization of Czech Telecom.
- Czech Telecom and MlynÃ¡Å™ likely to take another shot at Eurotel stake. Muller, Igor // Prague Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p22
Reports on the acquisition of mobile operator, Eurotel Co. by fixed-line operator, Czech Telecom Co. Details about the acquisition; Appointment of a chief executive officer; Operations and financial performance.
- Thousands take advantage of free calls. C.T.K. // Prague Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 38
Focuses on the free telephone call to the United States offer of Czech Telecom and Eurotel in Czech Republic. Offer of free telephones and pre-paid cards by Cesky Mobil; Availability of free call services through Internet XCall; Increase in telephone traffic.
- Eurotel buyout attempt collapses on price. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;12/3/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p3
Reports on the sale price bidding of the 49 percent of the United States consortium of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Verizon Communications Corp. in Eurotel. Failure of Czech Telecom and Atlantic West to reach an agreement; Price offered by Telecom to Eurotel; Impact of the control over...
- Telecom sale sees late show of strategic investors. Lešenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p1
Reports the privatization of the dominant telecommunications operator Czech Telecom in the Czech Republic. Advantage of the company of being equal; Requirements for a strategic investor; Analysis of the business performance of the company.
- Eight in the game for Telecom. Lesenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the Czech government's acceptance of non-binding bids from financial and strategic investors for its majority stake in Czech Telecom in January 2002. Market capitalization of Czech Telecom; Government's adjustment of its original resolution to allow participation of financial...
- 7 Telecom suitors to get look at books. Le&stilde;enarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the verification of tenders by the government of Czech Republic which were submitted by telecom investors to acquire the fixed-line operator Czech Telecom based in Czech Republic. Secrecy maintained by an investor regarding its identity in the bid; Investors which submitted their...
- Ministerial row set to slow up Cesky privatisation. // Utility Week;4/30/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p11
Reports on the delay in the privatization of Czech Republic telecoms operator Cesky Telecom due to a dispute between Cesky chief executive Gabriel Berdar and Terrence Valeski, chief executive of Cesky mobile provider Eurotel. Cause of the dispute; Potential differences that might be encountered...
- Small phone, big demand. Madden, Normandy // Advertising Age International;Jan/Feb97, pI2
Presents a photograph of the advertisement of Eurotel, a phone operator owned by Bell Atlantic and US West International, for its fall campaign. Appearance of the advertisement in outdoor boards and in selected upscale lifestyle women's magazines.