Telecom sale sees late show of strategic investors
- Eight in the game for Telecom. Lesenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the Czech government's acceptance of non-binding bids from financial and strategic investors for its majority stake in Czech Telecom in January 2002. Market capitalization of Czech Telecom; Government's adjustment of its original resolution to allow participation of financial...
- 7 Telecom suitors to get look at books. Le&stilde;enarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the verification of tenders by the government of Czech Republic which were submitted by telecom investors to acquire the fixed-line operator Czech Telecom based in Czech Republic. Secrecy maintained by an investor regarding its identity in the bid; Investors which submitted their...
- CT's fate beyond gov't grasp. Halilovic, Emir // Prague Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 36
Focuses on Czech Republic government's efforts to dress up Czech Telecom (CT) ahead of its privatization. Decline of share price; Slowdown in liberalization of telecommunications market; Allegations of subsidizing CT from taxpayers' money.
- Financial investors pick up the scent of Telecom. Lesenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 42
Reports the strategies of financial investors on the privatization of Czech Telecom in Czech Republic. Lists of financial investors; Interests of investors on the privatized company; Reorganization of CVC Capital Partners.
- YEAR OF THE WASHOUT. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;12/16/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p1
Discusses the failure of the Czech Republic government to sell off state-owned stakes in strategic companies in 2002. Postponement of the sale of electricity giant CEZ; Failure of the deal for Czech Telecom; Cancellation of the sale of Unipetrol 11 months after the contract signing; Effect of...
- Telecom bidders clear first hurdle. Lesenarova, Hana // Prague Business Journal;1/21/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
Reports the screening of the bidders for the pending privatization of Czech Telecom in Prague, Czech Republic. Problems of the bidders; Failure of strategic investors to materialize; Reflection of the market conditions.
- Eurotel results fail to boost Telecom sale. // Prague Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p3
Examines the role of the Eurotel Co. in the privatization of the parent company Czech Telecom in Czech Republic. Analysis of net profit of the company; Interpretation of the market analysts on the revenue of the company; Effects of interconnected fees on revenues.
- Radiokom decision batters PSE. Loula, Marek // Prague Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 36
Focuses on Czech Republic government's decision to sell its stake in telecommunications company Ceske Radiokomunikace to a Danish and German consortium. Impact of sale on Prague Stock Exchange; Decline of share price of Czech Telecom; Improvement in share prices of banks.
- With an expense account like that, who needs bonuses anyway? Le&scrave;enarové, Hana // Prague Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p21
Reports developments related to banking in Europe as of April 2002. Accounts on the pending privatization of Czech Telecom; Financial issues of Merrill Lynch; Impact of the changes of commerce on the managers of companies.