Breaking the Israel-Palestine Impasse
- Obama offers Palestinians the same old oppression. Iltis, Tony // Green Left Weekly;6/1/2011, Issue 881, p18
The article claims that U.S. President Barack Obama's proposal for peace between Israel and Palestinian is untrue.
- War and peace: Obama nears pivotal moment for Mideast. Feller, Ben // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/30/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 205, p11
The article looks at the plan of U.S. President Barack Obama to end the combat operation in Iraq and his upcoming meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas to discuss the Middle East peace process.
- Obama riles Israel, GOP by backing 1967 borders. Youngman, Sam // Hill;5/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 69, p1
The article reports on the speech of U.S. President Barack Obama that calls on Israelis and Palestinians to return to the peace process with the use of 1967 borders negotiation as a starting point.
- The Peace Talks: Consensus vs. Consensus. Efrat, Yacov Ben // Challenge (07924143);2010, p1
The article analyzes the peace talks being hosted by U.S. President Barack Obama for Israelis and Palestinians. Obama convinced the latter into direct talks by claiming that it would allow him to pressure Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu into an extension on the freeze in the...
- Muslim lawmakers extol Obama speech. Hooper, Molly K.; Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;6/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 65, p5
The article reports on the move of two Muslim House members, Andre Carson and Keith Ellison, in supporting U.S. President Barack Obama on his intention to resolve the differences between Israelis and Palestinians.
- Senate Again Undermines Obama's Middle-East Peace Efforts. Zunes, Stephen // Foreign Policy in Focus;10/4/2010, p1
The article reports on the collaboration between Congressional Democrats and Republicans in stopping U.S. President Barack Obama from pressuring the right-wing Israeli government to freeze the expansion of its illegal settlements in occupied Palestinian territories. Palestinian President Mahmoud...
- An Interview with Mourid Barghouti: Reflections on Obama, Settlements, Rockets, and the Peace Process. Rooney, John Jack // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Spring2010, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p69
An interview with Palestinian writer Mourid Barghouti is presented, in which he discusses the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the expectations for U.S. President Barack Obama in the peace process. He notes that the Occupied Territory's settlements are illegal and that changing an element in the...
- A Multipolar Moment? Feffer, John // Foreign Policy in Focus;2/17/2009, p2
The author discusses the challenges facing the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama in terms of foreign policy. He questions the future of Obama's multilateral resolve. He mentions the plan of the Obama administration to send about 30,000 additional U.S. troops to Afghanistan, in what...
- Remarks to the United Nations General Assembly in New York City. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/23/2010, p1
The article presents the remarks from U.S. President Barack Obama delivered at the United Nations General Assembly in New York City on September 23, 2010. Obama spoke about the things that his administration has done to meet the challenges that they faced, their responsibility to pursue peace in...